no Slurry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most people then will use ec 1118 because it is such a strong yeast, and make a starter using it....they say to use a starter because lemon can be pretty hard to ferment due to the acidity...

JohnT are you going to make some skeeter pee?:sh

All of mine have been made using a starter, and adding some of the must in stages after rehydration. It hasn't failed me yet.

roflmao, it's a step JohnT :hug

You thinking of kegging it or just bottling?

I made a batch last year. I kegged it. I have to admit, the stuff was worth making again.

I got a blender, filled it with ice, covered the ice with pee, and whizzed it up good. Amazing how it tasted just like a margerita!

I made a batch last year. I kegged it. I have to admit, the stuff was worth making again.

I got a blender, filled it with ice, covered the ice with pee, and whizzed it up good. Amazing how it tasted just like a margerita!

roflmao, that is what I do with it, I call it Wine-arita!

So, how much (many packets) of EC-1118 would you use to kick it off. I got to imagine that you would need to pitch a rather large amount.

For a 5 gallon batch I only used 1 package. Actually the last 3 batches I made this year, I didn't make a starter, I just sprinkled the yeast on the juice and 3 days later it was started fermenting.

For a 5 gallon batch I only used 1 package. Actually the last 3 batches I made this year, I didn't make a starter, I just sprinkled the yeast on the juice and 3 days later it was started fermenting.

Did you still whip it during the first 3 day. I just started mine yesterday and just sprinkled on top.
I've only done 4 kits so far and wanted to try something "outside the box," so I figured why not SP

Yes, whip it every day it is the primary. I have made many batches, and have yet to use a slurry. I just rehydrate the EC-1118 as directed on the package, and away it goes! I have also tried other yeasts as well (when I ran out of the EC-1118), but they just take longer to get started and longer to ferment.

OK Folks,

So (with my niece) we made skeeter pee last weekend. It is happily churning away.

My niece was a little disappointed in the fact that the Pee was not yellow enough, so we added some food coloring.

So, to sum up..

I am making wine without grapes, using sugar and artificial food coloring!

How did I get to this lowly state? I am expecting to be drumed out of the "wine snob" society fro this one.

OK Folks,

So (with my niece) we made skeeter pee last weekend. It is happily churning away.

My niece was a little disappointed in the fact that the Pee was not yellow enough, so we added some food coloring.

So, to sum up..

I am making wine without grapes, using sugar and artificial food coloring!

How did I get to this lowly state? I am expecting to be drumed out of the "wine snob" society fro this one.

Oh my JohnT, are you going thru a mid-life crisis???????????

Oh my JohnT, are you going thru a mid-life crisis???????????

It is either that, or the "body snatchers" finally truned up.

BTW, do you recently remove one of my posts (about wine/clothes). If you did, then thanks. Although I tried to be PC, after I posted it, it still seemed a little offensive.

I see you have started your SP. I just started a slurry today to be used for SP. I read http://skeeterpee.com/?page_id=17, That all one had to do is start a gal batch of wine from concentrate; let it go from 5 day to a week. Then use the whole thing as a slurry. FYI for future.

Latest posts

Back