Mosti Mondiale Next?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJGDC

Reaction score
I just finished primary fermentation on the MM Zin. Since this is going to take a few weeks/months and I am planning on bulk aging the wine in the carboy, I am wondering if anyone had any input into what kit to do next? I am sticking with the big reds just wondering if anyone had any really great wines or suggestions of what to do next?

Thanks

I will say the RJS Winery Series Super Tuscan is one of the best wine kits Ive ever had.

I am Leaning toward the super tuscan or one of the All Juice masters (amarone or old vine Cab) Does anyone have any experience with either of those kits?
JJ

JJ,

Just bottled the old vine zin and have a 2009 yr Amarone, which is awesome.

IMHO, the best kit Cab out there is the Red Mtn Cab by CC.

Kathie

I agree with Mike, Brent and Kathie - the Red Mt. Cab is great! I am about to bottle my 2nd batch of it!

However, I see the Red Mt. Cab is out of stock at the moment - the Master's Edition Cab is on special at the same price. I would probably do that as my second choice, if you don't want to wait for George to restock the Red Mt. Cab. Unlike everyone else here, I am not a huge fan of Amarone - I know, I know, blasphemy!

Best Super Tuscan to me is CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo with grape pack. Just started another yesterday. Even on sale from FVW the MMMasters are expensive and a lot of folks prefer the 16ltr or 18ltr kits with raisins or grape packs. I haven't done Masters but have done a few Megiloli and not been happy. They say that the 23ltr kits take minimum of 2 years to be approachable and that's probably why I prefer the 16s and 18s with grapes. And IF you plan to wait two or more years to enjoy, absolutely go with the Amarone, then do the Red Mt. Cab when it's in stock. If you're in a hurry (one year) try the CC Rosso Fortissimo, best Super Tuscan out there.

MM instructions and ingredients are very good - just follow the guidelines and you are good to go! Once you bottle, let it age for at least 6 months for max enjoyment :)

LWOOD said:
MM instructions and ingredients are very good - just follow the guidelines and you are good to go! Once you bottle, let it age for at least 6 months for max enjoyment :)

More like 26 months if you ask me!

Latest posts

Back