Newbie from Scotland

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpendoodle

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Peeps.

Joined ages ago, but have only lurked a bit, so it's time I did something about it.:h

I've not long got back into winemaking after a 20+ year break, when I used to make a lot of fruit based wines.

Just started a gallon of apple and orange juice sparking wine tonight. It's the first time I've made sparkling wine, so we shall see what happens.:ib

Welcome back and welcome to the forum. Hope you saved some of your older equipment, as the prices have gone up considerably since then.

I'm afraid not, I had to start from scratch, but I was lucky. The husband got me 3 x 5 gallon plastic fermentaion barrels for about £2 each, and my 6 x 1 gallon demi-jons have cost me very little. The prices ranging from £3 down to free.

I'm planning to do a lot more hedgerow fruit wine this year. So that will help with costs.

I'm afraid not, I had to start from scratch, but I was lucky. The husband got me 3 x 5 gallon plastic fermentaion barrels for about £2 each, and my 6 x 1 gallon demi-jons have cost me very little. The prices ranging from £3 down to free.

I'm planning to do a lot more hedgerow fruit wine this year. So that will help with costs.

Now that you are a part of the forum, you should keep us all informed about how it goes.

Good luck!

Welcome to a great forum - glad you're getting back into it. You've probably made some wine from sloes - I had some while visiting relatives in Dumfries last fall and it was delicious.

Never made any sloe wine yet, but I do have a rumtoft full of sloe gin hidden in the bottom of a cupboard.

As for Dumfries, one of my favourite places to go walking is in Dumfries & Galloway.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I traveled in Scotland on businss during my career and loved the people and the country. Sorry, though, I could never get used to haggis!

Never made any sloe wine yet, but I do have a rumtoft full of sloe gin hidden in the bottom of a cupboard.

As for Dumfries, one of my favourite places to go walking is in Dumfries & Galloway.

My cousin does a lot of hill walking around the country and is working on his list of Munroes - he enjoyed it for a long time but now it is almost work - he has the Munro madness! I did walk a bit of Criffel but that was enough for me!

What the heck is Sparlimhg wine Wade. I honestly have never had that before. You on that dang phone agin typing with your thumbs?

It's obvious, sparlimhg wine is sparkling wine after ingestion.:d

I have had many a bottle of such wine turn into sparlimhg wine when I wasn't looking.:dg

Latest posts

Back