G'day from Nova Scotia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metric farmer

Junior
Reaction score
G'day, that's right! G'day!
Expat Aussie here in Nova Scotia, having spent many years around the Barossa, Clare & Yarra Valley's in Australia, I now find myself in Nova Scotia, with a few acres of land and room to plant some grape vines of my own, along with some blueberries that came with the land.

I've been lurking on here a few weeks, so thought it was time to say G'day

We planted 24 vines in 2020, they grew well, so in '21, '22 and '23 we planted out a further 240 each year and another 240 coming again this Spring.

So far we have L'Acadie, Geisenheim, Osceola Muscat, Frontenac Blanc & ES-10-18-14 whites and Crimson Pearl, Petite Pearl, Marquette and Marachel Foch reds planted.

This year we should have both grapes and blueberries, so now it's time to start making wine,looking forward to some help and insight from the knowledge in this forum

Blackberries draw blood when ya harvest the fruit!

Or worse things than that. I’ve had a thorn break off the cane and hit me right in the eye, got trapped between the eyeball and the eye lid. Because I wear contacts my eyes become accustomed to foreign objects so I finished picking berries, went inside and picked it out. Never thought I’d have to wear eye protection picking berries.

Expat Aussie here in Nova Scotia, having spent many years around the Barossa, Clare & Yarra Valley's in Australia, I now find myself in Nova Scotia, with a few acres of land and room to plant some grape vines of my own, along with some blueberries that came with the land.

We planted 24 vines in 2020, they grew well, so in '21, '22 and '23 we planted out a further 240 each year and another 240 coming again this Spring.

So far we have L'Acadie, Geisenheim, Osceola Muscat, Frontenac Blanc & ES-10-18-14 whites and Crimson Pearl, Petite Pearl, Marquette and Marachel Foch reds planted.

This year we should have both grapes and blueberries, so now it's time to start making wine,looking forward to some help and insight from the knowledge in this forum
Jumping in with both feet! I like it. Welcome.

Blackberries draw blood when ya harvest the fruit!
And I'd swear there's a vindictive intelligence involved - pull some berries from a cane and another cane grabs you from behind.

Don't mention that in front of @BigDaveK ... next thing you know, he'll be making blood wine. Also I 'spose if it's good enough for Klingons, it's good enough for us!
Hmmmm.....🤔

Amasake is in the lineup. And I'm having a hard time finding yak milk for kumis.

If you ever have excess LÁcadie I'm your man. Need to buy from someone.

Latest posts

Back