New Year New Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
20081226_183937_Bray_008_Small.jpg

I was reminded awhile ago that the year is soon ending, 2009 is fast approaching...So, with that, and like last year, what will your first wine(or beer) of the new years be, and when will you start it? I'm undecided, but hope Waldo starts one at the stroke of midnight, and has much better luck this year!

Maybe a Orange chocolate port if it gets here in time, other then that I will not be making any for awhile.

JW, looking at the picture, aren't you a bit young to be making wine?
smiley36.gif

For me, I'm going to starta Yakima Valley Pinot Gris. My first try at a white.

Hmmmmmm... I may now know what we'll do for New Year's Eve! We have loads of juice in the basement, maybe we can put some of it to good use. Nap in the afternoon and pitch our yeast at the stroke of midnight!

A 2009 Limited EditionMeglioni Amarone Mondiale..... as soon as George ships it to me!

-GL63

2 years ago on New Years Day I started our Vintner's Harvest Black Currant wine.....Have been rationing it out....

Have a can in the wings waiting to be made....might be the first wine of the New Year again....after we bottle something.

Last year our first wine wasn't started till Jan. 19th....Must have had full carboys like this year.....

Keeping my fingers crossed I'll have at least a small fermenter available on New Years Day. I plan on caramelizing some clover honey for an experimental sweet mead.
VPC

Bert and I stuck to it and started 2 wines last night. One the left, apple wine from juice I steam extracted this fall. Apples were from our 1 apple tree and fromDebbie and Dave who gave us the apples that fell not far from their tree. On the right, Chocolate Raspberry Port. We had to boost the SG a bit for the port to fall into the correct range.
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce our first wines for 2009!
20090101_165750_Pitching.jpg

Latest posts

Back