New to wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wha...!!!

You mean ...that's not an ANGEL up there on the left, next to your name??? (I guess I'll have to clean these glasses!)

smiley2.gif

It's as close to an angel as I'm going to get in this world. Can you imagine being married to someone who refers to herself as Princess?
smiley5.gif
He's really a prince of a guy, don't let him fool you!

Here are a pics of the Peach wine in the carboy and the rumpot.

2006-03-08_124933_Peach_Wine_in_Carboy.jpg

2006-03-08_125503_Rum_Pot.jpg

Now I'm out of carboys
smiley19.gif
, but it's ok I going wine tasting this weekend
smiley4.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley4.gif
and would not have time to do much anyhow.

Michael

Your not there yet OilnH20. If you were, your statement would have been to the effect, " I had to go down and buy new CARBOYS' today
smiley36.gif
Hang in there podner and you will get there
smiley32.gif

The peach looks delish! I think the peaches would taste great on top of some ice cream when they're done working in the bucket!

Hello everyone, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'm very sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I have been very busy. Here isan update on what’s going on in my winemaking life.FirstI now have 6 one gallon carboys and one 6 gallon.I have bottled my apple wineand it is great!!!<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:shape>
smiley4.gif
But I only have five bottles, so am moving up in the world of wine making.My6-gallon carboy is full of one of those kits. This weekendI got all the stufffor a five-gallon batch. Now Iam trying to decide whether or not to makeapple again (becauseIknow it's good) or try somethingelse. If you have any input let me know.
</v:image></v:shape>

Michael

You should always be game to try something new. Do you still have any apple left? You could do both...
smiley36.gif

I have another problem. I have alot of wine coming and no where to put it. I need to build a wine rack. I'm pretty good with these kind of things, so,I made my own design. I not so sure I should build my design though. So, to make a long story longer, I am looking for some help with this. I need to fill a 8' long and 7 1/2' highwall with the rack. I would like to have 2 1/2' at the bottom for storage, but begers can't be chosers. Thanks for any help tou can offer.

MichaelEdited by: mjohn

I would build in ladder style racks below and cap them off with a shelf. Be sure to secure them to the wall somehow and you should be good to go for a whole lot of bottles.

Hello all

It's been along time. The reason I have not been around is because my computer crashed, and I could not find the cite. It was in my favorites. Today, I just happen to find it. it's good to be back. I have changed a lot when it comes to wine making. Now I have a whole room just for wine making. Well, wine and beer. I've started to make beer because I couldn't wait long to get in to the wine. So, I make beer all the time and it helps me be patient with the wine. I still have the coffee wine in the carboy. The last time I racked it, it was very bitter. So, I'm going to add some gluten and see what happens. I have made four or five wine kits and 10 or beers. I have learned allot. I'm looking for something to read that is not at the beginner level, but is also not at the pro level. So I can learn even more. Have any suggestions?Michael
smiley17.gif
Edited by: mjohn

Michael, welcome home...good to be here isn't it.

What kind of books are you looking to read?????....Like books on Winemaking???I love WINEMAKING by Anderson & Anderson.....VINES TO WINES by Jeff Cox....THE JOY OF HOME WINEMAKING by Terry Garey...and many more on making wine....I'm sure other people here have favorite books to add.

MJ, before you add any sweetening.... Just a thought. What if you left it how it is. Then got a set up similar to how one would serve the 'green fairy'. A sugar cube, pour the wine over it into a glass. That could be an interesting story&gt; You could ask people you serve if they would like 'one lump or two'.

OK, for those of you asking, "the green fairy?" I mean
Absinthe
smiley36.gif

</font></font>Notice the green

one way of serving it is to put a sugar cube in a spoon type strainer that will sit above a glass. Then one pours the drink over the sugar until the sugar disolves (there are many ways to serve)...

And no, I have never tried absinthe.
smiley29.gif

Welcome back

Just go to Jack kellers web site and you have plenty of reading from start to finish Wine making

Harry

Well, I thought you all might like to see the new kids on the block and some kids.
20070126_092846_Image041_copy.jpg

On the left you see a Raspberry Ale that is headed to the bottle today. On the right you see this years cider witch is getting a racking. The bottles in the picture are to show you the labels (they didn't come out) of some of my beers. After posting this I plan to start the label for the Raspberry Ale. I will post itwhen it is done.

Um... did someone say Absinthe??
smiley4.gif

20070126_103915_P1250071.JPG

a friend in Europe sent me three bottles. I have a Sapin and a Blanc left. We drank the one that does the cool green cloud.

I'm having trouble coming up with a theme for my Raspberry Ale label.I found this label in the computer, and though you might want to see it .

20070126_121200_scan0001.jpg

Latest posts

Back