New Smoker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok the smaller ribs were done and freakin delish!!!!!!!!!

So how did the rest of the ribs turn out for you Wade? My pork butt came off the smoker after 8 hours.
100_1605.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a little time on my hands waiting for the meat to get done, so I harvested 1 of my rows of garlic. Here's a picture of a portion of the row
100_1607.jpg
[/IMG]

The bigger ribs came out a little drier, I may have turned the heat up too much trying to get the chips smoking good.

The bigger ribs came out a little drier, I may have turned the heat up too much trying to get the chips smoking good.
I have that problem from time to time too. Just keep a bottle of BBQ sauce handy that you like. Or experiment with some apple juice and cider vinegar with a little rub added to use as a dipping sauce. That helps me deal with a drier meat.

Nice smoker! I have a weber charcoal one that works great. Most of my rubs and sauces come from 1 book I use all the time, even though i have about 4 books. 2 favorites are World Champion BBQ and Smoke & Spice.
Also www.virtualweberbullet.com is based on the Weber smoker but lots of great recipes on there.

You should also get a remote thermometer like this one.
My pork shoulders usually take almost 24 hrs to smoke.
Smoked turkey is awesome too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody else see they are now making a wireless (Bluetooth) thermometer that sends the signal to your iPhone etc.....

Last edited:

I also spritz with cider or Apple juice to keep it moist as the fat renders out and gives it a nice bark. I have a spray bottle for food use only.

A 50/50 mix of apple juice and water in a spray bottle works wonders on ribs just mist the ribs every so often , voila nice and moist .

I had no problem with my St Louis style ribs (big ones). Low and slow. took 7 hours for fall off the bone.

I had no problem with my St Louis style ribs (big ones). Low and slow. took 7 hours for fall off the bone.

Hmm , fall off the bone means they over cooked , I like mine so there is just a very slight pull, leave a bite mark in meat , dont tell no one, but I have been known to cook my ribs fall of the bone also . :i

jeff

Back