RJ Spagnols New OB Kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just got to the first racking stage. Weird directions, there was no secondary fermentation (where you rack off the lee's, it just stayed in the primary the whole time ??!!!) Just added the f-pack (that smelled very "raspberry like"). Now gotta wait some more and it'll be bottling time. I did taste this before adding the airlock and it had a pretty strong taste of raspberry, I hope the acai manages to make an appearance too in the taste.

wade said:
Just bought the Banana Pineapple Voigner and will be upping the abv to around 1.080. This 1 sounds great along with the Acai!

Wade: I bought one, too but I have been tied up with Hard Limeade recipe and Hard Iced Tea recipe. Please post how it goes and describe in detail how it tastes!
smiley17.gif

Strange, mine had the secondary ferm. directions. It is more Rasberry with ours as well. I don't taste the Acai very much at all. The Rasberry comes through loud and clear. It is good though.

Will do Sue, been pretty busy over here and havent checked the SG yet but Im sure Ive got a few more days since I upped the abv.

Wade:
How much sugar did you add? Did you add 1/2 the f-pack up front, too?
As someone asked, how do you store an opened f-pack? In the fridge or??
Thanks!

I would store an opened f-pac in the fridge. I added around 3 1/4 lbs of sugar. I did not add any f-pac as i have never done this kit and like to see how it is the 1st time slowly adding the f-pac until desired sweetness and if some left over i know how much of this to add in the beginning of the next time. Some of these will need all of it as some are not super sweet as like others.

So, if you add some of the f-pack to the primary, do you still add the same amount of sugar or is the SG your target?
In your experience, which kits need the full f-pack? Reds vs whites?

I just bottledthe Mango Mint Chenin Blanctwo days ago. It did not taste hot due to the sugar I added (only upped to 1.070). At this point in time I am really only tasting the Mango, not so much the mint. I only had a small sample though. I made the Island Mist Mango Citrus Symphony last year - it is pretty similar, though I need to do a side by side taste test. I used the entire F-pack on this one, it isn't overly sweet tasting. I am wondering if the mint will come through. I am Mojito fan, so I was hoping I would pick up on that. I need to get the Pineapple Banana one though - seems like that is popular.

Latest posts

Back