Other 2014 limited wine kits - what are you planning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preordered and looking forward to making these:
  • Winexpert LE2013 Pacific Quartet
  • RJ Spagnols RQ 2014 Australia Shiraz Viognier
  • RJ Spagnols RQ 2014 Spain Monastrell Petit Verdot
:r

added on:
  • RJ Spagnols RQ 2014 Italy Nero D'Avola
  • Winexpert LE2013 Red Mountain Washington Cabernet Merlot

Last edited:
Decided to get the KenRidge Australian Shiraz/Grenache and the RJS RQ Spanish Monastrell/Petit Verdot. Splitting a WE Oregon Pinot Noir with a friend (she's making it, though).

I just ordered the Winexpert LE2013 Pacific Quartet. It's ridiculous how excited I am.
It's supposed to ship in February. I hope I get it in time for my birthday. It'll be my birthday present to myself.

They are cheaper than the regular priced so why not pre-order:

RQ2014 - Spanish Monastrell Petit Verdot
Kendridge - Shiraz/Grenache
Kenridge - Grand Red II -x2
Mosti Meglioli - Barolo Meglioli

Just ordered the WE LE 2013 Pacific Quartet yesterday and they shipped out today. Ill be getting it on Thursday. Looking forward to it, it will be my second wine that Ive made.

Last edited:
Just ordered the WE LE 2014 Pacific Quartet yesterday and they shipped out today. Ill be getting it on Thursday. Looking forward to it, it will be my second wine that Ive made.

Congrats from what I gather that's going to be a good one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

I ordered:
-WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir, arrived
-Kenridge Cellar Craft Primitivo, arrived
-RJS RQ Nero D'Avola
-RJS RQ Petit Verdot
Looking forward to making all of these, I will be starting the pinot and Primitivo this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

I ordered:
-WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir, arrived
-Kenridge Cellar Craft Primitivo, arrived
-RJS RQ Nero D'Avola
-RJS RQ Petit Verdot
Looking forward to making all of these, I will be starting the pinot and Primitivo this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

Great choices. I didn't order any of those and wish I had ordered them all. So many wines and so little time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

I've added to my list. :h

So now its:

1) Kendridge Tempranillo Garnacha
2) RJS Torrontes
3) WE South African Shiraz Cabernet
4) RJS Monastrell Petit Verdot
5) WE Australian Grenache Rose

First two are cleared. The Shriaz/Cab is on deck. #4 and #5 have not yet arrived. 4 should be this month, 5 in April.

I kinda wish I'd ordered the Torrontes as its a varietal I really enjoy. I even think George still has a few, but 7 kits in 5 months in our tiny house has the wife annoyed already. Hopefully enjoying some of finished products this summer will change her mind. Besides, I think my next few kits will be the Showcase OVZ, Merlot and possibly Eclipse Chardonnay. Oh yeah, and I planned to make a couple lower end kits before making those.

Good job me, you talked yourself out of the Torrontes at least.

jees, I think Boatboy is a divorce lawyer (or gets a commission from one). Yes sometimes the wifes get upset when you have 7 carboys on the go and 2 in the primary and 3 on deck - my only saving grace is she really doesn't like wine - and since more then half of what I own is wine - I am safe for now

I never mentioned what I settled on.
In carboy;
KS tempranillo granacha
KS Shiraz Granache
In primary KS grand red
On deck MMM chardonnay del veneto & MMM amarone
On the way MMM old vine zin.

Its the OVZ that I am most excited about. Never done one and can't wait.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Wine Making mobile app

Here's my lineup on LE's:

KR Temp/Garnacha - clear and resting in carboy

LE Oregon pinot noir - arrived

LE Pacific Quartet - arrived

KR Grand Red II - arrived

Can't wait to get these started, but have a few others on deck and taking up carboy space right now. Need more carboys!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I settled then ended up ordering more now Im at:
2014 limited wine kits
Winexpert Kits: Oregon Pinot Noir - March (no grape skins)

RJS RQ Kits:
Australian Shiraz/Viognier - December (Dried grape skins)
Spanish Monastrell/Petit Verdot - March (Dried grape skins)

Kenridge Showcase Collection:
Italian Primitivo - February (no grape skins)
California Grand Red II - March (with grape skins)

and thinking about that LE Rose still :)
So far have the shiraz viognier bulk ageing, the pinot almost ready to transfer to secondary, and the primitive and grand red 2 are fighting it out to see who goes next!

George at FVW gives you $10 per kit back in the form of store credit. Those should be coming out any time now.

George at FVW gives you $10 per kit back in the form of store credit. Those should be coming out any time now.

Yep, the certificates are posted to our accounts. AND George has announced $15.00 off all limited release kits still in stock. I ordered the RJS Nero d'Avola for $101.00 less the $60.00 certificate. Forty bucks for a LE kit aint bad. The Megliolis are under $150.00. As I have been typing three items have disappeared from the in stock list.

Yep, the certificates are posted to our accounts. AND George has announced $15.00 off all limited release kits still in stock. I ordered the RJS Nero d'Avola for $101.00 less the $60.00 certificate. Forty bucks for a LE kit aint bad. The Megliolis are under $150.00. As I have been typing three items have disappeared from the in stock list.

Talk about a sweet deal! I was going to pull the trigger on the MM Meg Barolo but it flew away faster than I click my mouse!

Talk about a sweet deal! I was going to pull the trigger on the MM Meg Barolo but it flew away faster than I click my mouse!

Jim, if you haven't ever made the MM Barolo, I would highly recommend it. I finally gave in after bottling only two months ago to try a bottle yesterday and wow!!!! :db

This thing had such a strong aroma from a few feet away. The finish on this is super long and lingering, like sweet smoke and tar. The flavour description said blackberries and violets and truffles. I couldn't taste the truffles, but man I got major hits of flowers and berries. One other plus is that could not detect that dreaded kit taste I have come across in all kits I have made so far.

Apparently this one takes about 2 years to age, but from what I tasted yesterday it is going to be had to get there.

Latest posts

Back