New Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navyterp

Junior
Reaction score
This label is for my first batch of Pinot Noir. Still debating whether or not to go with the traditional natural wheat glue labels or with the adhesive.. any suggestions??

20070424_115251_Pinot-Color.jpg

Nice label navy.
After removing a batch of labels last weekend and constantly worrying about hitting my fingers with the razor blade, my answer would be which ever comes off the easiest!!!!

Thanks Docbee,
Yeah, I was considering that, but my big concern is durability, I'm going to "try" and hide these in the storage and let them age for 9 to 12 months. So I just don't want the labels to come falling off when that time comes and I hand them out to friends and family.

Great label Nav, I use the solid glue stick from elmers and it works great.

very nice label!

I print mine on paper and use a glue stick like Wade and others. Works nice for me.

Thank you all for the compliments! I will definitely give the elmer's glue stick a try and see how that works, I never even thought about that, I just love this forum

Bert really likes the glue sticks that are colored. It's easy to see where the glue is on the label when you're applying it, and the color does disappear when it dries.
Glue handling tip. He also likes to use the slick adds from the Sunday paper under them. When the glue stick it's that stuff it doesn't stick to the paper like with regular newspaper will. Every little bit helps!

ps. Love the label!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: PolishWineP

Excellent PWP as I almost bought the purple glue stick but verred away
as I didnt trust it but now that I know I will buy as soon as I finish
up the 3 pack that I bought of the clear.

That's a beauty, navyterp!!! Love it!

When you put your glue stick on, just run it down the side edges and it won't buckle. Works like a charm and it stays on just fine!

Are there alligators and the like in your cellar?

navy,

Wow, somehow I missed your post.That is a very nice label, simple but striking....love it!!!!

Ramona

p.s. Where in Va,

The colored glue stick was something I bought on a whim & started using. Makes me seem like a genius it works so well.

Latest posts

Back