New guy question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris400

Reaction score
Just exactley what is skeeter pee that they talk about on here....i know it a newbe question

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wine Making mobile app

skeeter pee is a lemon wine that you se a slurry (this is yeast that falls to the bottom of your primary from a previous batch of wine). It is a quick wine and an early drinker. You can learn more by going to www.skeeterpee.com

It's a hard lemonade but with double the punch. You don't need to use a slurry. I've always used ec1118 yeast with good results. The creator is a member here. A good early drinker. Start a batch now and it will be ready in 2 months.

It is well worth making.

It is cheap too. I think that 5 gallons cost me about $18 in sugar, yeast, and asst other things.

I make a sparkling version and have my second batch of it chilling out and waiting for warm weather.

I like to blend it with crushed ice. Perfect summertime refresher!

It's a great wine to practice on because it only costs about $13.00 to make. You can develope your racking skills without fear of an expensive mistake. Don't forget to add pectic enzyme prior to the ferment. It helps with the clearing.

Joe

Latest posts

Back