Need some words of wisdom on my skeeter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aylamarie

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals I need some help/advice about my first batch of skeeter. Well I steered it daily and used 1118 yeast from a starter, which was first try at that as well, but ne ways I finally got to the spot to add the last bottle and the other ingred. Steered the crap out of it after words. 24 hrs after add in I have no airlock activity and hardly any pressure inside. There is lots n lots of foam on top of must. Question is will it be ok and is the foam a sign of fermenting. Also smells great, like fermenting lemons. No bad smells. Thanks for any and all advice.

a sign of fermenting is taking a hydrometer reading. Looking at your airlock is fine for a quick glance to see if it is still bubbling but if there is no action in the airlock you need to get your hydrometer out and take a reading, that is the only way to truely know if you have a fermentation going.

Ok I finally got around to steer and take a gravity reading and it has gone down ten points. But now that I think about it that was looking at a reading that I took before I added the last bottle. So new question is how much would 32 oz of lemon juice change a reading. Also thanks for your time

Not sure, keep stirring it daily and watch your hydrometer readings. This just maybe a slow ferment, give it some more time.

Good news woke up this morning and it's bubbling like crazy! Thx Julie for your time. Also thx for spelling stirring out, I knew I was spelling it wrong, I forgot how to spell it.

Latest posts

Back