Need Help!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtbryda203

Reaction score
I am at the point of my kit to bottle. I had ordered bottles and they didn't come yet! What should I do? Should I rack the wine for a third time? Or just leave it till I get bottles?

It can sit indefinitely if it's airlocked and sulfited, but if there's sediment you want to get rid of before bottling, a racking would be something you could do in the meantime. Or if it's cloudy, you want to let it sit and settle longer.

garymc said:
It can sit indefinitely if it's airlocked and sulfited, but if there's sediment you want to get rid of before bottling, a racking would be something you could do in the meantime. Or if it's cloudy, you want to let it sit and settle longer.

If I rack again should I put anything in it

If I rack again should I put anything in it

Have you stabilized with sorbate and k meta already? If so, I wouldn't add anything else. If not, I'd add those at the racking, and be ready to bottle.

jswordy said:
Have you stabilized with sorbate and k meta already? If so, I wouldn't add anything else. If not, I'd add those at the racking, and be ready to bottle.

Yea I add all of that. Thanks for the help! Make sure you enjoy that wine

Latest posts

Back