My New Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mharris335

Reaction score
I like them, but the wife loved them. The wine taste pretty good but has a yeast smell to it.
20070416_145555_IMG_5680a.JPG

Mark,
Your labels look great....love the colors!!! Can you post one so we can see the details?

Ramona

Great labels, I'm sure the wine will be too, with a little aging.
Dave

Would love to know what program u made them in and how does one decide how large the labels should be? Maybve a dumb question but I had to ask!

I use an avery template which is a free download off worldlabel.com.
You pick the size you want. I use the 4" x 3.33" which is 6 per sheet.

Thank you wade, I was wondering what size would be best for my 750 ml bottles. I also was wondering do u use a second label on the back of the bottle?

Trigham,

The PrintShop that I use gives you a range of Avery label sizes and shows you how they will look on the page. I found that my favorite is the #5168,,,about 3x5. I love making labels,so the bigger the better for me but I find that they just don't fit to well on the Burgandy bottles. The next size which I think is what Wade is talking about is #5164. I like it too but use the other one more.

I may come up with one that uses 2 sizes of labels now that I have a laser printer and can print and adjust. What you see on the computer sometimesdoesn't translate as well on paper so I've had to adjust the colors at times to compensate. I ususally start working on the label as soon as my order is on it's way from George.

Here is a picture of some of my favorite labels that I framed and is hanging in the kitchen, aka....the winery!! Reflection off the glass, not as clear as it looks in real life.

20070420_182923_100_1136_Small.jpg

I haven't really used any other program but Printshop but find that it has lots of graphics....any questions we are here to help you as much as we can.............Ramona

Oh, I don't use a second label but I like to include the description of the wine on the front of the label.Edited by: rgecaprock

Thanks you so much. yoru collection looks wonderful and I envy you. I am just starting out and will upload my labels when i get to work tomorrow for all to see and judge. I do have a kinda wierd question though maybe u can answer. I am making concorde wine from grapes off my own vine, do i call it concorde red or is there a way to determine if its a merlot, cabernet. or shiraz or is this something they just add to red wines??

Thanks you wade, but how does one determine what is a merlot or a cabernet or whatever, what determines how they choose the name?

All copied from web pages.

Table grapes.</span> These are
consumed as fresh fruit. 'Thompson seedless' is a major cultivar of table
grape. Other seedless cultivars include ‘Flame Seedless' and ‘Ruby
Seedless' (both red), and ‘Perlette'; seeded cultivars in the USA include
‘Emperor', ‘Ribier', and ‘Calmeria'.

Raisin grapes. </span>'Thompson seedless' is the major cultivar
worldwide, and makes up 90% of raisin production in the USA.

Sweet juice grapes.</span>
Traditionally, this classification was primarily dominated by
'Concord', the major American bunch grape. In addition to juice, jelly,
jam, preserves, and some wine is produced from sweet juice
grapes.

Wine grapes. </span>Some wine is
produced from all grape species (and many other fruits), but the bulk
of commercial production is dominated by V. vinifera</span> cultivars. Several
French-American hybrids also produce good quality wine.

<table style="text-align: left; width: 80%;" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
<t><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
16.1%20left.jpg

Muscadine (left), Concord (center), and Vinifera grapes (right)

</td>
<td style="vertical-align: top;">
16.1%20center.jpg
</td>
<td style="vertical-align: top;">
16.1%20right.jpg
</td></tr></t>
</table>
Here is a link to check out some grape info

<h3>Vitis vinifera </span></h3>

Wade,

Great Pictures......I grew up with the Concords. those slimey fruits and bitter seeds that we would spit out and chewed on the sour skins....Had many a mason jar (the big mason jar)in the fridge full of the purple stuff....and a treat that was unsurpassed!!!! I always had a purple mustache !!!! It was a staple in our house.....no pop or soda for us!! the drink of choice was "Grape Juice" to have with our popcorn on Friday nights!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Many of the grape names have become great wines in their own right !!!!! Edited by: rgecaprock

Great info thanks and that site has a ton of it as well..I now see that merlot and the names come from the type of grape they use. i think i like my name as i made it. Ill show u guys my label tomorrow when i get to work where i have made it !!

Looking forward to your label Trigham !!!

Ramona

BTW where are you from in Canada?Edited by: rgecaprock

Ramona...Love your framed labels....a few looked familiar.....Your probably ready for another frame of them....Keep them coming.

Ramona, Thank you and later today ill upload my labels if i can figure it out, I am from Charlottetwon, Prince Edward Island. have u ever been?&gt;

Trigham,

No, I've never been to your part of Canada but spent every summer vacation growing up at a lake in Ontario, near Sharbot Lake and Perth.
Good luck with your labels..............Ramona

Latest posts

Back