My latest label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's what I use to put labels on now (it's a Xyron 900 I bought at Joann.com) but it really isn't needed. A glue stick is simple and easy and works well.

I use a glue stick. I was talking about something that sets the ink so that it doesn't run as easy should the label get wet. Is that what Xyron does or is that glue?

hair spray might work for setting the ink. THat's what we used to use on pastel drawings

The cartridge I've used with the Xyron thing laminates one side and puts a repositionable sticky back on the other side with a peel off paper over it...actually the paper goes in between the two layers...kinda like a sangwitch! =)

Before I bought this contraption, I used a light coating of shellac on the label before I glued it on. That worked well especially if I used an ink jet printer.

ok... that's a sticker machine. I just googled it. How do they come out using that machine? I could use that for some music promotion. All the bands love to have their own stickers.

There is a little too much shine on them for me but they sure are easy.

Better than stickers...one of the cartridges has a laminator on one side and a magnet on the other! I think I'm going to turn all my labels into magnets. Cool, eh? =)

Tolja it'd be cool!
smiley4.gif

As a kid we used to stop at the "Diamond Mine" (a plowed field in the middleof know where) and spend hours digging in the dirt. The only thing we ever found was dirt under our finger nails.

Scuba - if you are talking about the mine in Arkansas, I saw on the news that someone found a >2 carat diamond there recently.

I use the Joanne laminator too but I don't like the repositionable labels. They don't work well for me. They don't stick to the frosted bottles and they wont stick to the cold bottles I had in the wine fridge
smiley2.gif
but the permanent works well. Still haven't had to take any off yet so not sure how much of a pain thatwill be.

Hmmmm I haven't put any labeled bottles in the fridge to see if they come off. Were your bottles cold when you put them on, Coaster? I wonder if that makes a difference.

I have a permanent cartridge but I haven't used it. I was going with the ease of removal but I don't want them that removable! =)

so far nothing beats that glue stick (of the things I've tried). They come right off. I just want to find a good solution to keep the ink from running when the label gets splashed.

Spray shellac!!!! Just put it on outside! (I used it on the one I sent to WineMaker mag.)

Yes, Joan, they had just come out of the wine fridge. I was behind on the labeling (the blush has the purple wraps, the Riesling the green, heheh
smiley36.gif
) I will try again once I have another wine to bottle and put them on while the corks swell.

Latest posts

Back