My first attempt with Vino Europa*Please help*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this wine kit at costco called Vino Europa and I am lost.
I made sure the room is 20-23c.
I put the grape juice concentrate in my primary fermenter, I topped it up with quality water so it ended up being 23L (added maybe 6L of water)
I put in both my sachets of bentonite, mixed it for a good 2 minutes.
I let it all settle and made sure the temperature of the liquid was 20C
I checked the specific gravity of it before the yeast and it way over 1.160, the bubble barely went into the wine.
I added the yeast this morning thinking that it may help the gravity but I'm getting nothing.
Did I mess it all up somehow?

Recheck the gravity, it seems kind of high..... If it still reads the same you will need to add more water until the gravity drops down to something closer to 1.100.

I just checked it and it is quite high for some reason past 1.160(it doesn't go any higher), my pale can only fit a couple more liters of water.

Is this they kit they sell that makes 60 bottles? Check the side of the box.

If so, you need a total of 46 Litres of starting must.

Hi I'm pretty sure they contain 2 kits and it sounds like you may have put both kits into one?

Yes stupid me put both grape bags in there as I thought it only made one kit.
I put both yeast and bentonite into the one 23L pale and added about 6L of water to it.
Can I go get another pale and save it? What will happen with the yeast?
Please help me so I don't waste $60+ dollars

You did not waste $60 However, you need to add some water to get the gravity where you want it. The yeast should be fine, but if it does not start after a couple of days at a gravity of around 1.1 then I would re pitch.

I syphoned some out and added water.. its at 1.090 now which is what it should be at.
What do you think about the yeast? Do you think syphoning some of it from the bottom got rid of the yeast?

put too much water in same kit

Hi folks very new, but I put too much water 23 litres plus what's in a bag of must. I did not add bentonite or yeast.
What can I do to save this project? Please and thank you.
Linzay

Linzay: Do you mean to say that you added 23 L of water, and then added the bag of concentrate?

Was it a single or a double batch? For example, one solution to your problem would be to get a Brute food-grade trash can, add the contents of your present water+must bucket to it, then add a SECOND bag of concentrate, then top off with water to 46 liters.

Latest posts

Back