My DB's a brewing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrupjr

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my 3 DB variations brewing. Got a Triple Berry, Quad Berry and Tropical Blend brewing. Smells awesome. Hopefully this is what it is supposed to look like. :br:?

IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

and my set up

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8176.jpg

Those primaries look good - definitely what I'd expect. I really need to make myself a batch of dragon's blood to try. I was looking for a cheap, fast option to refill my racks while stuff ages; maybe I"ll start one this weekend.

I see a major flaw with your setup. You have far too many empty carboys. Otherwise, I"m jealous for your space, I can't wait to get out of an apartment. What's in those plastic wrapped bottles on the left?

Those empty carboys are thirsty waiting for the primaries to be ready any day now.

Those in the plastic wrap are empty too waiting for a fresh brew. Have a few more packages in the garage but will need to get some more bottles once the 8 primaries and carboys finish up over the next few weeks/months.

more pics of my set up. quickly expanding to new areas

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

Very nice, John! You're already a Dragon Blood junkie! Welcome to the Club! :r

you need to start selling T-Shirts Dave :)

nice lookin batches you got there, why dont mine ever foam up like that?

Good to know that is normal foam. You should hear them fermenting. I cant believe how loud it is inside those buckets.

I just hope all that crap on top settles to the bottom before I rack to my carboy, otherwise I will have a mess on my hands.

JR, I have those same looking metal racks, where did you get the little sides? Your setup is real nice and clean, but one problem, your empty carboys are TOUCHING each other, I know you jiggle that rack everytime you move something around and those empties tink each other and before you know it the bottom falls out of one when its full of wine! You really need to put some kind of padding between them to keep them from tinking against each other. Also, a simple papertowel wadded up and stuck into the end keeps out dust and vermin while allowing them to breath. We used the extra shelves from the racks to make one for standing bottles, it holds a heck of alot more than a regular wine rack. WVMJ

Good to know that is normal foam. You should hear them fermenting. I cant believe how loud it is inside those buckets.

I just hope all that crap on top settles to the bottom before I rack to my carboy, otherwise I will have a mess on my hands.

Don't worry! That stuff will all settle out before it's done. They look perfect! :r

Mountaineer, the little back support came with them. Got the rack used (and FREE) There is a second there but I need a few more black locking things. The support comes in handy. And I agree, I have to put something between the carboys and the towel in the neck, just have not gotten around to it yet.

I was nervous putting all the weight of full carboys or pails on them but they are holding fine. Knock on wood.

Dave, thanks for the compliments, but more so, thanks for the recipe!!!!! Will be racking my first pail tomorrow. It got down to 1.10sg today. Seems to be dropping about .10sf a day and tastes pretty good already.

Latest posts

Back