My Cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think beer is easier then making wine if the wine is a kit. That is what I should of said in my earlier post. When creating a beer recipe there is a little more thinking involved then making a wine kit.

That being said I am definatley enjoying making wine more right now. I do keep about 4-5 cases a beer at all times, and yes its done faster, but I like wine better.

Quick question... Right now I have my wine aging in my cellar that is 62-64 degrees (Its the best I can do right now). I am in the process of building my wine rack and putting an air conditioner in there to get the temp around 55 degrees. By me lowering the temp will it ruin the wine. The wine that is down there has only been aging for a month and a half.

cheersEdited by: SIXTO

SIXTY said:
Quick question... Right now I have my wine aging in my cellar that is 62-64 degrees (Its the best I can do right now). I am in the process of building my wine rack and putting an air conditioner in there to get the temp around 55 degrees. By me lowering the temp will it ruin the wine. The wine that is down there has only been aging for a month and a half.
cheers

It is not a problem at all...temp fluctuations up and down are bad for your wine but every bottle goes from room temp (70-75) to 55-56 that is put into a cellar without issues.

Latest posts

Back