My attempt at a wooden rack...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a big problem with your wine rack. It is nearly empty! Other than that the rack looks great. Nice simple design and it holds 88 bottles.

It is quite barren, isn't it! I am just starting on this wine making adventure so I'm hoping to have it filled in short order...thank you.

Yaint doing those Axes any gifts being over the heater either

And the one on the left looks like a Martin. My guitar storage area is now being taken over by carboys because of it's stable temp and humidity. Oh yeah, the rack kicks butt.

BC

I think the one on the left is a Yamaha, Second guess is a Gibson.

Looks great. we have to have 2 rooms-one for music & one for wine, but they go well together ;)

You know, I never even considered having the guitars over the heater (we just moved into the house so i just hung them where they "fit") The one on the left is a Martin and the one on the right is a Schecter. Guess I'll be moving those too!

Yeah I'd say it was a martin to. Still say its a Yamaha, lol Kidding. That martins worth more than all that wine. That dry heat will hurt it.

Looks great. Exactly the kinda thing I'm after. Have you got any dimensions and I at ructions for making?

Looks great come build me one. lol. you will fill it in no time ;)

I build all my racks from reclaimed lumber, there is a surplus here for free.
I build them 6-0 tall, 16 inches wide, 10 inches deep. The shelves are spaced 8 inches apart...looks like bookshelves.
Each one can hold, let me count.....79 to 90 bottles depending on the bottle size...

With a table saw, i can cut out, and assemble in about 1 1/2 hours.
I use tongue oil to finish.

Made this one 5 ft high by 3 ft wide. Each shelf is 1 ft deep. The legs and shelves are made of 1x4 and the smaller pieces on each shelf is a 1x2. Each shelf is 5" apart. Hope that helps AndyYam.

James, if I had a table saw I would imagine I would have been able to do it in half the time.

Latest posts

Back