Muscadine Wine from store bought juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoryss364

Junior
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying to make a batch of muscadine wine from store bought juice. Just wandering if I need to do all juice or if I need to add some water.

My recipes all call for at least some water. I'll bet if you went 3:1 juice you'd be about right, if it is pure juice.

Now, where the heck can I get store bought muscadine juice? Please tell me brand and etc. so I can get some. I have had no luck getting the grapes, even though I know they grow all around me here! I've run ads in the paper and everything. Nada!

I may end up trying to see how many grapes I can get from all the wild vines around here since mine won't have enough this year. The only place I've seen the juice for sale is Lowe's Food. I think the brand is nature's pearl.

I may end up trying to see how many grapes I can get from all the wild vines around here since mine won't have enough this year. The only place I've seen the juice for sale is Lowe's Food. I think the brand is nature's pearl.

Thanks, no Lowes Food here but maybe I can find it elsewhere.

I looked into buying muscadine juice and it is was too expensive for me to try. There should be vineyards around that allow U pick, if not plant some in your back yard, it is so worth it

Julie said:
I looked into buying muscadine juice and it is was too expensive for me to try. There should be vineyards around that allow U pick, if not plant some in your back yard, it is so worth it

I planted 3 noble vines last fall but I only got enough grapes to fill a 1 gallon freezer bag this year. Hopefully they will be producing better next year.

I don't remember the price when I saw it in the store but I just looked it up on Lowe's Food online shopping and that's the price it gave

thanks, my step son lives in Tega Cay, SC and he has a Lowes close by him, so I'm having him check that out.

Well can any of you guys give me any guidance on recipes for this?

Victory, are you using the juice or fresh grapes? Actually, no matter what u use. Take an acid test. Muscadine is strong enough in flavor that it can take some water to lower the acid. Acid should be around .75% Once that is adjusted, add enough sugar to bring sg to 1.080 - 1.090. I nornally use lavin 1116 for muscadine.

Latest posts

Back