Mosti Mondiale Mosti Original All-Juice Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcb54

Reaction score
I bottleda Mosti Original All-Juice Pinot Noir (Bucket) the first of June (2008). This was my first Original All-Juice kit.

I thought I was being (fairly)patient and good as had not opened any bottles. So tonight, with ithaving been bottled 5 months, I opened up a bottle.

The first thing I noticed was that is was very thin andextremely light in color. Not deep and dark like some of the other Pinot Noirs I have made. It was alsovery thin tasting andnon-descript flavor-wise. There was still a bit of the young taste there as well.

Overall, I would have to say I was disappointed.I know I probably opened this bottle a bit early, but I don't believe itwill thicken and darken considerably with age.

Did I open it too soon? Will it improve as time goes by? Any comments would be appreciated.

I have an All-Juice Masters Edition Amarone that I bottled on Feb. 4, 2008 and a Crushendo Shiraz that I bottled on Mar. 9, 2008 that I have nottried yet. I hopethey will be considerably better than this.

Everyone has their own opinions on wines but for me the only red kits that Im happy with are the skin kits or the ones with the raisins. Pinot's are supposed to be much lighter and thats why they dont come with the raisins Im sure. Im also positive that your wine will get much better and 5 months is way to early for an all juice kit!

I don't know why it would be thin. I agree that Pinot Noir's are usually lighter than other reds, but you have noticed a difference between this kit and the other Pinot Noir kits you have made. I presume you have not diluted the all juice by adding water at top up. The Alljuice Castel del Papa I made had excellent body and color. Do you have any pics?

I didn't diluteit at all. I had some help drinking it so the bottle is empty. I could shoot a full bottle but it looks dark in the bottle. When I poured it into the glass is when I noticed it was not very dark at all. You can easily see right through it.

I made the Mosti All Juice Pinot Noir two years ago. It is anything but thin- even from the start. Very full bodied, nice and dark- for Pinot standards and plenty of flavors. The flavor continues to improve all the time. It is indeed tough staying out of this one. Not sure what is up with it, but it should develop better flavors as time goes on. I did add some oak to mine- how about yours? Edited by: appleman

No reason why it won't come around soon then. Give it some time. Mine really started getting good at 6 months and at a year was really pumping out some nice flavors and now it is just plain irresistable.

At this point I'd have to say I am most concerned about the light color and thin feel.

If you didn't dilute it, I don't know why it would have a light color and thin body. Mine you can't hardly see through and it has a nice ruby color or darker in the glass. Post a picture of a bottle if you can with a light showing through it. If you didn't add water, it may have just been a bad batch.

Or post a picture of a glass of the Pinot Noir. Or bring it to Winefest next year and we'll give it a real test.

The All Juices need 9-12 months of total time since you start the kit. I have had a lot feed back that the Pinot take the full 12 months.

My AllJuice pinot is coming up on 20 months and it keeps getting better. I know that Appleman sings the same tune as well.
My personal schedule is 12-18 months as a start point for drinking on AllJuice kits.

- Jim

Latest posts

Back