Mosti Mondiale MM All Juice Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admiral

Reaction score
The Fed Ex truck arrived in my driveway this morning (4/15/2009). The delivery man staggered up the steps and with a smile announced, "Its heavy man, watch out." I thanked him, took posession, then staggered downto the winery with my prize. I opened the package, scooped out the peanuts
smiley1.gif
, and slowly pulled the bucket from the box. My Amarone had arrived.
smiley1.gif

20090415_085707_P1000409_Small.JPG

Even before it was opened, that sweet grape smell was detectable.

20090415_090021_P1000412_Small.JPG

Be careful when opening the bucket, edges can be sharp.

20090415_090235_P1000413_Small.JPG

And this is what you see when the bucket is opened.

20090415_090436_P1000414_Small.JPG

These are the ingredients laid out (except the juice!) for for inspection.

20090415_090711_P1000415_Small.JPG

The juice. All are now waiting the obligitory 24 hours before starting!

There is a very nice package of raisins which the instructions say to place in the primary fermenter 24 hours after pitching yeast. The instructions indicate to just empty the bag into the fermenter. When they are removed it says to place them in cheese cloth and squeese out juice. Is the anything wrong with pacing them in a cheese cloth bag before putting them into the primary? This would ease the process later on.

20090415_091623_P1000416_Small.JPG

1st Congrats on choosing a great wine!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

No problemwith the cheese cloth. this should age for full flavour.

tepe said:
1st Congrats on choosing a great wine!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

No problemwith the cheese cloth. this should age for full flavour.

I intend to use time as well as SG on this one. Sometimes the fermentation moves very quickly (Especially in secondary.) I will watch the SG and the calendar on this one.

Yes bulk age. I have bulk aging an Italian fresh juice Amarone from last September. I also have been making it for the last 3 yrs from fresh juice.What yeast came with it? I have no plans on bottling till the fall or winter. Keep in mind if you were to buy a bottle the earliest vintage is 4-5 years old. Yes the age in barrels for years. You may consider adding more oak during aging.
KEEP RRECORDS !

well.... plenty of time to set up and plan a tasting party..... 4-15-2013
smiley20.gif

Admiral,I just dumped my raisins in the bucket! Mine is a year old and good now. It will be wonderful 6 months from now and AWESOME at 2 yrs!!!!!
smiley36.gif

I'll second that @ AWESOME after 2 years
smiley32.gif
and SUPERB @ 3 years
smiley32.gif

Dang Tepe, I don't think I will have any left at 3 years!! Awesome will be as far as I go!! hahaa
smiley36.gif

lol.....what.....hide a case from myself? I would have to give it to a monk at a monestary. And then I am not so sure it would last there!!! haha

uavwmn said:
lol.....what.....hide a case from myself? I would have to give it to a monk at a monestary. And then I am not so sure it would last there!!! haha
OK I have an idea!
Simple..
Send me a case and I will hide it here .

1. I would love to get this wine to SUPERB
2. Don't give wine to any monks that I know!
smiley1.gif

3. The oak is called "Select Oak", 90 grams, appears toasted.
4. Sending it to Tepe might work... it would get lost in his winery "house."
smiley36.gif

I've got this same all juice mm Amarone bulk aging right now. I've added Tan'cor to it and can't wait (but gonna have to) to see how it turns out. I'm also planning on starting another of these towards the end of the year.
have fun with those raisens!!

unaFORDable said:
I've got this same all juice mm Amarone bulk aging right now. I've added Tan'cor to it and can't wait (but gonna have to) to see how it turns out. I'm also planning on starting another of these towards the end of the year.
have fun with those raisens!!

Were the raisins difficult to deal with or just time consuming?

Tan'cor... I have seen you mention that before. What is the purpose?

It is a post fermentation tannin addition and it will usually smooth out a wine a liitle more then time will ever do and add a bit moer complexity to a wine along with body.

what wade said about the tan'cor.... There was a write up here, maybe the newsletter that comes out every month??? that talked about using tan'cor

the raisins were just.... well they were floating all over and I had to get them out and then had to squish them enough to get all the juice back out of them. This was my first time dealing with raisins (or grape pack) and I just dumped them in. The next kit that I did that had a grape pack, I put it into cheesecloth and that worked soooooo much easier.

I think I will pack those little suckersin cheesecloth to start.

So, do you think this kit needs the tan'cor or are you experimenting?

Back