mistake in Malbec kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menerdari

Reaction score
apparently I can't follow directions.
I have made 10 wine kits so far but this is the first with added oak.
it is a wine expert Argetine malbec, I was suppose to add the supplied oak cubes (30 grams french, unknown toast) "After" I degassed and stabilized. I added them when I first racked to secondary 7 days ago.it is suppose to be in secondary for 10 days, then stabilize and degass.
My thought is, add 1 oz of medium plus french oak cubes ( that I just happen to have 4 oz. on hand) and maybe stabilize a few days early. it is done fermenting and is at 0.990 right now.
Any suggestions?

I would just retain the cubes you have when you rack to stabilize and degas. Just give them a rinse, and put them back into the aging carboy.

I have made that kit, and it was one of the earliest drinking kits I have made!

I would just retain the cubes you have when you rack to stabilize and degas. Just give them a rinse, and put them back into the aging carboy.

I have made that kit, and it was one of the earliest drinking kits I have made!

I would suggest the same and before someone calls me out for not contributing more :w

I just wanted to say Sour_Grapes I'm impressed with your bucket list. How long have you been working on it? How was the Argentinian Malbec? I lived in Argentina and am a big fan of their wine.

I would suggest the same and before someone calls me out for not contributing more :w

I just wanted to say Sour_Grapes I'm impressed with your bucket list. How long have you been working on it? How was the Argentinian Malbec? I lived in Argentina and am a big fan of their wine.

Thank you for your kind comments. I started making these kits almost exactly 2 years ago.

I must say, however, my production, experience, and capabilities pale before some of the other members here.

I also loves me some (commercial) Malbec. My WE Malbec is quite good; it is fairly simple and somewhat thin compared to a nice, big commercial 'bec, but tasty, approachable, and quaffable! :dg

I have also made a CC Showcase Argentinian Malbec, but it is too young to know how it turned out. It tasted nice at bottling! :D

Thanks, sounds like a plan.
Malbec is my personal favorite, can't wait till see how this turns out.

Thank you for your kind comments. I started making these kits almost exactly 2 years ago.

I must say, however, my production, experience, and capabilities pale before some of the other members here.

I also loves me some (commercial) Malbec. My WE Malbec is quite good; it is fairly simple and somewhat thin compared to a nice, big commercial 'bec, but tasty, approachable, and quaffable! :dg

I have also made a CC Showcase Argentinian Malbec, but it is too young to know how it turned out. It tasted nice at bottling! :D

Ever been to Argentina by any chance? I'd recommend it.

Flying to Argentina

No, but I sorely would like to go there! I was looking at itineraries there last winter, but could not swing it.

Ah that's too bad, let me know if/when you are and I'll clue you in on where to go ;)

Latest posts

Back