WineXpert Merlot vs Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
I made the RJS Winery Series Merlot last year and this year I made the Winexpert Eclipse Merlot. I thought because the Winery Series Super Tuscan was so good the Merlot would be also, and it is. But the Winexpert Eclipse Merlot just blows it away. I will definitely do the Winexpert again. I must add it to my yearly rotation.:dg

I made the RJS Winery Series Merlot last year and this year I made the Winexpert Eclipse Merlot. I thought because the Winery Series Super Tuscan was so good the Merlot would be also, and it is. But the Winexpert Eclipse Merlot just blows it away. I will definitely do the Winexpert again. I must add it to my yearly rotation.:dg

Good to know,
I have been looking for a Stellar merlot!

The Eclipse name indicates that the kit is their top of the line. Of course it's good!

I bottled my Stags Leap Merlot about a month ago. Its 14 months right now. i'm trying to keep my better half away from it. I may have to hide a dozen bottles and tell her I lost some, yeah thats it! BTW it taste awesome!!!Bakervinyard

My Stag's Leap is about 6 months, bottled in February. It's very good and headed in the right direction. As the Baker said, it's hard to stay away from.

BC

The WE Stags Leap Merlot has been on my radar for quite some time. It's going to be the next one I buy. Thanks for the encouraging review.

Another vote for the Eclipse Merlot kit, bottled yesterday after 10 months bulk and of course stole a sip. Very good now with high potential!

I've been eyeing this one, and the current sale at Labelpeelers my just make me pull the trigger.

Latest posts

Back