Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to starting my barolo
smiley17.gif
Starting sg before raisins was 1.102. I will add the raisins tomorrow evening but this juice smells amazingly good! took a little taste and yummy! It came with 180 grams of oak so i am going to make this one by the book from everything i have read no need to play with this one but i will withold the sorbate as i have been doing.Well let's see what this tastes like in two yearsIf i can hold outthat long
smiley36.gif

The best kit wine Ive ever tasted is the one you just started. Masta on here gave me a bottle of this a few years back and all I can say is wow!

I started the Renaissance Barolo on May 19th and a Spagnols
Cru Select Barolo the week after. I just bottled the MM one and it tasted really really good !! and could well end up being one of my favorite reds. Compared to the Cru select it seemed to have a little more body. Next taste will be christmas at the 6 mnth mark.
I have not tried the Meglioli line but im guessing it will suprise you with how good it is.

I made the MM Meg Barolo about 6 months ago. It is still in the carboy, ready to bottle.

Never seen a kit wine that dark and thick. Because it is so dark, it was a little bit of a challenge to rack, since you can't see when sediment starts being sucked into the racking tube. I guess that is a good problem.

I am really looking forward to trying this about 2 years from now.

fishegg said:
Mines coming up on 20 months, about 8 in the bottle, and it's delicious.

Now that gives me an excuse to try it sooner.
smiley32.gif

Fishegg, is your a MM Meg?

I generally am pretty good about waiting out a good wine. I'll give mine a try at the 20 month mark.

This all sounds great!! I am excited!!!!!
smiley17.gif
I will putting in the raisins tonight.

seagrape said:
smiley17.gif

I chose to use the giant grape pack instead of raisins. Maybe someday we can swap a bottle, so we can compare Barolos, one with raisins to one with the grape pack.

Either way, it's going to be a great wine from kit.

Yes mine was the MM Meglioli. I did a Barolo and a Rojo Grande at the same time back in Dec 09. Both are some of the best wine I've made. I should note that I'm also getting more patient at giving them time to fully develop.

fishegg said:
Yes mine was the MM Meglioli. I did a Barolo and a Rojo Grande at the same time back in Dec 09. Both are some of the best wine I've made. I should note that I'm also getting more patient at giving them time to fully develop.

For the Meg. in 2009, I don't think we had a choice between raisins and a grape pack.

The optional grape pack, which comes with the Meg. now, is huge!

What did your Meg's come with and what did you use, raisins or grape pack?

DancerMan said:
seagrape said:
smiley17.gif

I chose to use the giant grape pack instead of raisins. Maybe someday we can swap a bottle, so we can compare Barolos, one with raisins to one with the grape pack.

Either way, it's going to be a great wine from kit.

Yeah i would def be willing to do that
smiley4.gif

No, there were no grape packs then, I just used the raisins. The raisins, however, were different than the ones I got with a recent MMM Syrah I bought. The 2009 kit ones were big, bigger that a nickel, the ones in my 2011 Syrah were small, like a Sunmaid raisin, some even smaller.

Latest posts

Back