Mosti Mondiale M&M Barola with no oak

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Kid

Reaction score
Kit had no oak. Processed to secondary fermentation while waiting for George to send the dark oak that the kit needed. SG is at 0.992 and added oak yesterday when it arrived.My question. How longdo I continue to let it remain in 2nd Fermentation stageto allow oak to do its thing?? SHould I considerbulk aging, never done that. I have added nothing since racking to glass for 2nd fermentation. Any wise advise in order to come out with a great Barola?
smiley2.gif

I would just leave in in for 8 weeks and not worry about it, but I love oak. Test it every week or so and when you're happy then its time to take it off the oak. Bulk aging is up to you and you'll get the pros & cons. I bulk age because it puts off bottling
smiley4.gif
my least favorite chore.
VC

I agree with vcasey...

However, I would certainly check it every week and be prepared to pull it off the oak. It is a matter of YOUR tastes. You can go over a little bit as oak will mellow with age, But you don't want to go overboard.

Latest posts

Back