looking to find starsan in canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanek17

Reaction score
hey so im interested in picking up some starsan locally but it seems like no one locally carries it, so i thought id brach out and see if there is any available else where. im trying to find it with canada to keep prices down like the cost of shipping.

Sorry, I don't know about Canada, but here in the States, pretty much all LHBS's carry it.

I really like StarSan, myself. I use it 3:1 over Kmeta for spraying spoons, hydrometers, cups, thermometers, hoses, wine thief, and you name it. I only use Kmeta for sanitizing things, which can be sealed up and also for the final sanitizing spray for my bottles.

Sorry, I don't know about Canada, but here in the States, pretty much all LHBS's carry it.

I really like StarSan, myself. I use it 3:1 over Kmeta for spraying spoons, hydrometers, cups, thermometers, hoses, wine thief, and you name it. I only use Kmeta for sanitizing things, which can be sealed up and also for the final sanitizing spray for my bottles.

you use it 3:1? what do you mean by that ratio? i actually found out canada does carry it i just had to hunt for it.

you use it 3:1? what do you mean by that ratio? i actually found out canada does carry it i just had to hunt for it.

Sorry for not being clear. I use my spray bottle of StarSan three times as much (often) as I use my sprayer of Kmeta.

Also, once you buy a pint-sized bottle of the StarSan concentrate, it will likely last you 4 or 5 years. It is very concentrated!

Weird that it is so hard to find in Canada. I see it on Amazon.com but not Amazon.ca.......

Weird that it is so hard to find in Canada. I see it on Amazon.com but not Amazon.ca.......
LOTS and LOTS of things on amazon.com that aren't on amazon.ca.

I have always suspected that the manufacturer of Starsan couldn't be bothered to get it approved for Canada. Not sure what approvals it might need.

Sorta like Aleve was sold in the US for decades before it was available in Canada.

Steve

LOTS and LOTS of things on amazon.com that aren't on amazon.ca.

I have always suspected that the manufacturer of Starsan couldn't be bothered to get it approved for Canada. Not sure what approvals it might need.

Sorta like Aleve was sold in the US for decades before it was available in Canada.

Steve

With all the home wine making done in Canada and with its history, one might think StarSan should have gone to Canada first. Go figure.

shanek17 said:

okay i figured thats what you meant. :D yea its funny how hard it is to find in canada. all my local shops got the usual k meta. but no star san to be found. i also looked on ebay and amazon and didnt see any! I actually spoke with amazon weeks ago about this. i called in wondering why so many items i try to buy cant be shipped to canada and he said its a warranty issue and that if they were sold in canada it would void the warranty coverage. so maybe this is the same for starsan. not really sure but it could be one of those legal issuses that most bussiness dont want to get involved with.

hey so im interested in picking up some starsan locally but it seems like no one locally carries it, so i thought id brach out and see if there is any available else where. im trying to find it with canada to keep prices down like the cost of shipping.

A quick google search turned up a couple of results. Hope this helps.

http://www.hopdawgs.ca/index.php/eq...es-canada-equipment-barley-crusher-beer-kits/

http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/viartshop/product_details.php?category_id=151&item_id=43

Latest posts

Back