Limonchello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper🍷

Reaction score
Started a new batch of Lemons in 190 proof Everclear. But can’t find my original recipe. How much water & sugar to drop it to 30% alcohol. It was a liter bottle of everclear and 14 lemons. Thanks for any info. Monty

Here is my recipe. Brings it down to around 60 proof:

LIMONCELLO

Peel from 2-3 pounds lemons, yellow part only (use vegetable peeler)
750ml Everclear 190 proof (Can order it at Total Wine in 1.75 liter bottle)
4 cups sugar
6 cups water

Steep the lemon peel in Everclear in a covered glass jar for two weeks at room temperature.

Stir sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves; let it cool. Add to the Everclear and stir. Strain the liquid into clean bottles. Makes about 3 1/3 bottles (750ml each).

Crushday:
Sorry to pester you. Thanks for the calculator- am I correct that if I start out with 975 ml liquor and want it to be 30 % ABV I have to add 1463 ml syrup. Is that correct? Thanks Monty

Simple Syrup ratio is 1 cup water to 1 cup white sugar... You'd add 2.167 liters or approximately 9.15 cups simple syrup.

Image 8-7-23 at 3.11 PM.jpeg

Here is my recipe. Brings it down to around 60 proof:

LIMONCELLO

Peel from 2-3 pounds lemons, yellow part only (use vegetable peeler)
750ml Everclear 190 proof (Can order it at Total Wine in 1.75 liter bottle)
4 cups sugar
6 cups water

Steep the lemon peel in Everclear in a covered glass jar for two weeks at room temperature.

Stir sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves; let it cool. Add to the Everclear and stir. Strain the liquid into clean bottles. Makes about 3 1/3 bottles (750ml each).
Mike any idea what 4 cups sugar and 8 cups water would bring it down to

I don't
Mike any idea what 4 cups sugar and 8 cups water would bring it down to
know exactly what the 4/8 brings it down to, I just think it is around 30% ABV. I just kind of tweaked a recipe someone else gave me until it tasted best to me.

Latest posts

Back