Limited wine storage space what do you do?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, are those milk crates stacked in the shelves from Sam's Club? That's an awesome idea and seem ideal for my limited space. I live in a condo and the only place I'll have to store is in my storage crib in the basement (once I clear out the junk).

Yes they are milk creates. I got them at Dollar General because they seemed the strongest.

I have a couple tips to pass along that I have learned. Put a piece of wood under the front of the box about 3/8" thick so it tips back just a little. Also stick with bordeaux style bottles as much as possible.

These are not available in the clubs, online only. They are shipped out of CA so the further East you live the more it will cost to ship. For me it was cheap. You can also order online directly from the manufacturers website. Seville. Depending on where they ship out of it could be cheaper to ship but you will pay full MSRP more than likely.

Isn't the shipping on the Sam's Club racks really expensive though? I have only found them available online, not actually in the retail stores.

I have no basement but do have a small root cellar dug in the house crawlspace, with an outside access door. My wine goes in Rubbermaid totes ($12 each at Wally World - 1 holds 50+ bottles) and is stored under the house until needed. Temps inside are around 65. I pull out a 5-gallon bucketful of bottles at a time (around 12-14 bottles) to restock my 60-bottle wine fridge as needed.

It's something of a PITA if there are mixed wines in a tote, but the clip lids keep the bottles nice and clean down there. I ought to get a pic someday.

I have no basement but do have a small root cellar dug in the house crawlspace, with an outside access door. My wine goes in Rubbermaid totes ($12 each at Wally World - 1 holds 50+ bottles) and is stored under the house until needed. Temps inside are around 65. I pull out a 5-gallon bucketful of bottles at a time (around 12-14 bottles) to restock my 60-bottle wine fridge as needed.

It's something of a PITA if there are mixed wines in a tote, but the clip lids keep the bottles nice and clean down there. I ought to get a pic someday.
Would you be so kind as to post a photo, if it's not to much of a bother. I'm kindda the visual type. I need to see it to be able to create it.
Tom

You could always build a cool wine rack!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/art/3067592392.html

P1030276.jpg

Latest posts

Back