Small Wine Room/Cellar Cooler Options

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For cooling our little closet storage / fermenting room down to 55 degrees F, I bought a cheapo A/C ($219) and temperature switch ($30) on Amazon. I used an 8 watt lightbulb wrapped in tin foil against the thermostat to fool it into thinking it was above 64 degrees. It's working well so far, for a super cheap cooling option.

For cooling our little closet storage / fermenting room down to 55 degrees F, I bought a cheapo A/C ($219) and temperature switch ($30) on Amazon. I used an 8 watt lightbulb wrapped in tin foil against the thermostat to fool it into thinking it was above 64 degrees. It's working well so far, for a super cheap cooling option.
You're probably want to get a humidifier as well. The AC will probably dry the air more than you want.

I used an 8 watt lightbulb wrapped in tin foil against the thermostat to fool it into thinking it was above 64 degrees.
Genius! We have a window air conditioner in the bedroom that refuses to go below 64 degrees and we like it COLD for sleeping. If I could get it to go to 57-59 it would be good for both long term wine storage and nice cool sleeping temp. I store my bulk aging and bottled wine up there and we also have a small wine fridge, but that's only big enough for bottles that will be opened semi-soon. Thinking of adding a temperature probe outlet to a spare chest freezer and using that for overflow storage of bottled wines. Could fit probably 6-8 cases in there easy.

Latest posts

Back