Label ideas for Chianti and Grenache

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roblloyd

Reaction score
I bottled my batch of Grenache a couple months ago and I cannot seem to come up with an idea for my label. I am looking for something to go in the center.
Here's my template:
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118111&postcount=41

I also need something for the Chianti I am going to bottle tonight. I'm stuck on ideas!?

Also does anyone use Chianti bottles? The ones with the straw basket on it?

Thanks!

In Italy there us a consortium of Chianti producers that have as their symbol the "gallo nero" or black rooster. You might be able to work that into the label.

I don't know anyone who uses the fiascos for bottling wine. I have no idea where one would buy them but I bet they would be expensive.

Oh yeah the rooster! Great idea thanks.

These are the chianti bottles I have.

Chianti--Piccini--wicker-flask--Vintage-2008-09--6-bottles-.jpg

Yeah, Rob. That type of bottle is called a "fiasco" (flask) in Italian. If you have enough of them to bottle the batch or at least part of it, that would be unique for a home wine maker. The shape of the label will be a slight challenge, but I am sure you are up to it.

Last edited:
I don't think those need a label. If you don't know it's chianti then I will break out the Carlo Rossi... :h

Latest posts

Back