Kudos to the Members of Wine Making Talk

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyandkory

Reaction score
Kudos to the Members of Wine making talk!!!

I just recently got into brewing beer also.

I am a member over at homebrewtalk.com

I have posted twice once about mead and the other about beer.

Both times most members were rude, unhelpful, and just this side of mean.

Not all mind you ... there are some very helpful people there.

As for here almost every one is happy and helpful and will almost never put down what you are trying to do but instead try and help point out ways to help and are reasonably nice about it almost all the time.

I'd take my hat off to you ladies and gentlemen ... If I wore a hat :)

!!!THANK YOU!!!

I agree!!! Everyone here has been extremely helpful!! I just don't understand why some people have to show their backside! Like I wanted to see it in the first place. If they were inventing something, I could understand not wanting give out any tips or secrets. But, this is a hobby that begs for information trading to help the hobby grow and get more people involved. I don't know much yet, but I will gladly give out any tidbits that I know or discover.

Without a doubt the most valuable piece of equipment I have found with regards to my wine making has been this website.

I am glad others recognize this forum is a little different.

It is this very reason why I, personally, tend to get a little crankie when someone is being rude and disrespectful in their replies to others. There just is no reason to be disrespectful, when someone asks a question, which to them is very legit.

IMO, on such other forums, the people who have to be nasty either have a very low self-esteem and say rude things so they somehow can feel better about themselves and/or they are bullies, or want-to-be bullies, hiding behind their keyboards and purposely trying to hurt others, just for "fun". Hiding, because such bullies wouldn't have the nerve to say hurtful things face to face. Just don't know why anyone wants to be that way... life is just too short!

On this forum, when similar suspicious, hurtful things are written, I tend to believe they were unintentional.

Last edited:
I've gotta say, I like this place too. I'm fortunate enough to frequent a BBQ forum with a similar vibe. It's nice having forums where people really do just want to interact and help.

I would agree, I have only seen a couple of posts that were what I would consider to be rude or hateful. The general atmosphere is very pleasant.

Boatboy, what is the name of that BBQ forum? I too make my own BBQ and would like to see what others are doing.

Boatboy, what is the name of that BBQ forum? I too make my own BBQ and would like to see what others are doing.

The Virtual Weber Bullet. While there is definitely a high proportion of Weber fans on the site, you don't need to have one to get a lot out of the place. Lot's of good smoking/grilling fanatics full of good ideas.

I have to say I agree with all of you. When I joined this forum I did not know anything about making wine and learned everything here. At that time Wade and Tom were the big dogs and they both helped me along quite a bit. It is a real pleasure to pass on to others now. This forum is about about helping other people succeed and there are no secrets. The other great thing about this forum is there are no stupid questions. The questions you ask, there are probably a 100 other people out there thinking the same thing. Other forums will tell you to go do a search or say "oh no, we're not bringing this up again. We all must remember there are so many other people out there hearing it for the very first time.

some of the forums at times seem to have smart buts on the other side. Its hard sometimes to explain things to people. You know give me a piece of wire I can talk you ears off. Building code to your radio. I have done everything in electronics to wiring houses. Sometimes when I say things I see in there face I dont want to here this I just want you to fix it. But just like some of the last post as to the word "aseptic" I get the same look on my face. Did I spell it right?

I'll say I certainly find this as the most friendly and helpful site I've been on. I made my first batch of fruit wime before I found this site. I followed the vague recipe and had an OK wine until it spoiled shortly afterwards. This site has made me into a successful home brewer. Its not what I know but what you guys/gals know that made me successful and I appreciate all the guidance I've received.

Kudos to the Members of Wine making talk!!!

I just recently got into brewing beer also.

I am a member over at homebrewtalk.com

I have posted twice once about mead and the other about beer.

Both times most members were rude, unhelpful, and just this side of mean.

Not all mind you ... there are some very helpful people there.

As for here almost every one is happy and helpful and will almost never put down what you are trying to do but instead try and help point out ways to help and are reasonably nice about it almost all the time.

I'd take my hat off to you ladies and gentlemen ... If I wore a hat :)

!!!THANK YOU!!!

I advertised ( Past tense) on that site for a while, did not pull any sales and got flamed for almost every post I made.

I have to say I agree with all of you. When I joined this forum I did not know anything about making wine and learned everything here. At that time Wade and Tom were the big dogs and they both helped me along quite a bit. It is a real pleasure to pass on to others now. This forum is about about helping other people succeed and there are no secrets. The other great thing about this forum is there are no stupid questions. The questions you ask, there are probably a 100 other people out there thinking the same thing. Other forums will tell you to go do a search or say "oh no, we're not bringing this up again. We all must remember there are so many other people out there hearing it for the very first time.

I agree Dan and I couldn't have said that any better myself

That site is our sister site (Homebrewtalk) and I learned everything I know about beer making and making my own kegging system and even my own 3 tiered brewing system from many guys and gals there. As with any site there typically is a few bad seeds, the only thing here we refuse to to let bashing happen here.

That site is our sister site (Homebrewtalk) and I learned everything I know about beer making and making my own kegging system and even my own 3 tiered brewing system from many guys and gals there. As with any site there typically is a few bad seeds, the only thing here we refuse to to let bashing happen here.

totally ... this is part of the reason I was so taken back when I started posting there.

Well I think the site is awesome because of its members, you all are the ones who make this site so great, so pat yourselves on the back, you deserve it! :try

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back