Kool Aid In Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davemo

Reaction score
I just made my first batch of skeeter pee (original) last summer and i do like it.However i am not a BIG lemon fan so i was wondering has anyone tried mixing unsweetened Kool Aid like say cherry flavor in their skeeter pee before bottling to make a different flavor?

I am going to use Cherry Kool Aid as per suggestion on Lon's site.

I used a Raspberry Slurry which discoloured the natural yellow so rather than have it muddy I'll try to turn it bright red with the cherry and add a little taste but I will only use 2 pkgs for the 6 Gal US, Lon uses 2 pkgs for 5 gal.

It's about same-same.

Mostly I just want to experiment with changing the colour.

I added 2 packs of cherry and it sure does change the colour and the flavour slightly.

You know, I have no idea how I missed this thread! You Daniel! I yelled at you way before this thread about using KoolAid!!!! And now you want to blame me? :ft :ft :ft You are sooooo dead meat!

I had a wine that was less than par. It was not from fruit. I added KoolAid to it for just an experiment. It certainly changed the flavor and color. I threw it out. Its fun to experiment on something you are willing to lose but really if we are stooping as low as kool aid whats next? Welches?

Johnt, you can send me a bottle of your best for that.

I added 2 packs of cherry and it sure does change the colour and the flavour slightly.

Sounds good -that's what I want - Lon uses it and I read positive reports on the taste - I like the colour in clear bottles.
This is just trailer park use. ;)

I'll treat it as a cooler -probably mixing it with soda pop in the hot days of summer. Something I would never do with grape wine.

I was once in Taiwan and my Chinese host had some 200 dollar wine that was given to them being in the import -export biz - - they put coke and ice cubes in it.
My eyes not believed my sight!!!

I desperately covered my glass when the host's wife tired to pour coke in it.
Oi Vay!

Latest posts

Back