Cellar Craft Kenridge limited release french melange a trois

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneergirl

Reaction score
UPS ground says I am to expect this shipment today! I am confident that it will turn out just fine. I am really considering getting another one if there is any left in stock, as it was a preorder. Will update when it arrives. Anyone else?

pioneergirl said:
UPS ground says I am to expect this shipment today! I am confident that it will turn out just fine. I am really considering getting another one if there is any left in stock, as it was a preorder. Will update when it arrives. Anyone else?

Btw, it is a French merlot, Cabernet Sav., Petit Verdot blend.

Just pitched the yeast on this one a couple hours ago, still too early to tell but I'm crossing my fingers :)

Had a week off work and finally bottled my Limiteds from last year, 180 bottles washed and 180 bottles filled and corked.....MY BACK IS KILLING ME!!!!

Wine making WAS fun 3 years ago when I first started ;)

Is this the kit that doesn't have any skins? I wonder why they decided not to include it for just this one red but did for the others?

Still sounds great reading the description. Keep us updated on how it turns out.

Josh

joshs said:
Is this the kit that doesn't have any skins? I wonder why they decided not to include it for just this one red but did for the others?

Still sounds great reading the description. Keep us updated on how it turns out.

Josh

Josh, no skins were included. Don't know why, but I still think it will turn out to be delicious. I made the cellar creat LR white blend from 2011 (marsanne rousanne Viognier ) and it was wonderful. I know the grapes are from dif. Regions, but since I was not disappointed with that one I felt confident that this would be super as well.

I checked it the other day....As I pitched the yeast last Thursday afternoon and it was still working its way down to dry. I have a brew belt on it because it is cold here, but I think it will be a touch slower because of temps. I am hoping to be able to put into secondary this weekend sometime.

@DiggerDan. Awesome! That sounded like a big undertaking and I hope you had some help! Do you hope to let them age more in the bottle? Or, since you bulk aged them, do you give them a month or so and drink? I am hoping that I have the will power to let my reds sit in bulk for a year. This time of year it is a battle for carboys at our house for both beer and winemaking. Thank goodness I was just told that only one or two more batches would be made, with the exception of a couple so summer saisons (10 kegs already made over the last several months to prep for the summer). If I don't bottle them, I don't drink them!

@Pioneergirl , I will let the bottle shock subside for a month or 2 and then I'll slowly start adding them to the rotation. I've been busy with beer as well , two 6 gallon kits bottled and capped , waiting for the sun to start shining :)

I added the fining agents this weekend. Seemed like a lot. Two packets each of chitosan and kieselsol. Yummy and rich. Will likely rack in a couple of weeks when I find some free time which is so hard to come by.

Latest posts

Back