keg

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakes4moose

Junior
Reaction score
Is skeeter pee good carbonated? I have my first barch in primary right now and a batch of dragon blood. I was thinking about kegging in my 5 gallon kegs that i use for beer (old soda pop kegs). Anyone ever keg there SP and carbonate.
Cody

It would not be a good idea! It would soon become habit forming and you would not be able to keep up.

I did this with an Island Mist Blackberry. It was totally awesome. You also get a very quick buzz from the carbonation on a hot day.

Skeeter pee is excellent carbonated. Julie talked me into purchasing a keg set up. I have 2 corny kegs and a full co tank in the cellar. I really don't have any way to keep it chilled so when I make the 5 gallon batch I plan to keg this year it will sit in a tub of ice for several days prior to the picnic.

As Dan said, it can hit you quick on a warm sunny day.

Thanks for the resposes. Sounds like I will be buying more kegs now. I currently try to keep two kegs of beer going now in the fridge ($50, craigslist); I think I can fit at least two more in there. I like the on ice idea for this years pig roast at the neighbors. My batches are going to be around 8% abv. With the abv being low is there any storage issues? Will the low acid keep it from going bad?

Latest posts

Back