Juicing - can I use a regular electric juicer?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boozinsusan

Reaction score
Just wondering if I could use a regular juicer.....

Believe me, if I am told "no" I understand, but ya can't blame a girl for asking, right?

I have heard of folks using them. Lets us know how it works if you try yours because I have thought about using mine for tropical fruits.
VC

I am thinking of freezing fruit, then thawing and running it through a juicer.....and then putting the pulp in a bag in the primary......

I think I will try it this weekend, so will let you know at least how it worked for the juicing alone.....

Go ahead try itI did that with my Pineapple wine. I took the pulp and put it in a straing bag and put it in the primary.
REMEMEBER Do not juice the pits. Remove all pits before you add fruit to a juicer

Well, I did not try this. I was unexpectedly given a steam juicer. So I juiced some apples, and will keep going this evening until the trees are bare.....
smiley36.gif

I did get the first batch of cherry wine racked, though......
smiley32.gif

I did try this with some mangos that had been frozen this morning. Mush, mess and very little juice. So I made my smoothie the old fashion way, with a stick blender.
VC

boozinsusan said:
Well, I did not try this. I was unexpectedly given a steam juicer. So I juiced some apples, and will keep going this evening until the trees are bare.....
smiley36.gif

I did get the first batch of cherry wine racked, though......
smiley32.gif
was it SWMBO who gave it to you? Which one did you get?

Not sure who SWMBO is..... someone asked me if I would take it instead of money for dogsitting...... and thenI started panting......
smiley36.gif

It is one that the person's parents and grandparents used - needs a cleaning, but is still good, I think.....

The boiling pot may covered with minerals from use....put two packs of unsweeten lemon-lime kool-aid and fill with water ....bring to a hard boil and it will clean up nicely ....good luck and great find.....I love my steam juicer

Thanks, Bert, I will try that. What an interesting way to clean it! It is taking some elbow grease to get it clean.

SWMBO -
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif
Where do I get a name like that?

Latest posts

Back