Juice buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time making wine from buckets. I bought my wine in pgh. at premier produce. How long do I leave the juice in the bucket before I rack it?
The wine is Regina red zinfandel. I have made wine from kits before, so this is a little strange for me to do for the first time.

Leave in bucket. Take a gravity reading though it is probably 1.092 Add pectic enzyme 21 drops per bucket. Wait 12-24 hours.

Add yeast nutrient (1teaspoon per gallon). Rehydrate your yeast and add. Fermentation will be visible in a few hours. Stir gently a few times per day.

When it reaches @1.000 (probably in 6 days) stir well and snap the lid on and unsnap one clasp or predrill a 3/8ths hole in it and add a small bung with airlock and snap the lid on tight. You can also add a teaspoon of super ferment (per bucket) at this time but not absolutely necessary.

Leave it alone a few days. It should be thru fermenting. Rack into a Carboy and clear.

Did you use Jay at premiere produce. I'll see him late tonight and get my buckets.

Medium stir. Start slow so as not to have a volcano. You want to release CO2 and move yeast around.

Latest posts

Back