It's Friday night, what's in the glass?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_S

Reaction score
I brought up a bottle of last year's burgundy out of the cellar and had a glass of that with dinner. I think tonight I might have a glass or two from the leftover bottle of the good white Niagra made with D47 yeast that I just bottled. I also brought a bottle of 2008 sweet red Concord which I might sample tonight or tomorrow night.

Tom_S said:
I brought up a bottle of last year's burgundy out of the cellar and had a glass of that with dinner. I think tonight I might have a glass or two from the leftover bottle of the good white Niagra made with D47 yeast that I just bottled. I also brought a bottle of 2008 sweet red Concord which I might sample tonight or tomorrow night.

Watching NASCAR truck race and drinking Smoking Loon Pinot Noir. I know NASCAR usually means beer but if it is a night race I drink wine.

My wife wanted some of the 2008 red, and oh my goodness is it good. It aged really well. I can't wait for my other wines to age.

Lemondrops made from lemon trees on my patio.

Nada.....I need to hit up a few buddies for wine...waiting is my Achilles' heel!

A little vino Italiano cab I had leftover from last night. We were cleaning up for some painters that are coming first thing in the morning. In the process, we 'uncovered' a 10 year old Turkish red wine that my wife had purchased in Greece - so we decided to open it. It tasted the way I imagine Welches dry red would taste. Not so good, but drinkable.

It tasted the way I imagine Welches dry red would taste. Not so good, but drinkable.

I've actually made dry wine from Welch's Concord juice. It's not bad if you use Montrachet yeast.

Back