Invacare iRC1135 Owners?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokegrub

Reaction score
I just received the subject pump which I purchased through EBAY. The pump has obviously never been used and came complete with the pressure gauge and overflow container (new). Unfortunately, the plastic air filter assembly was shipped attached to the pump and was broken in shipment. The plastic broke off flush with the pump so the first challenge is to get the plastic removed. Do you have a suggestion where I can get a replacement for this part or how I might replace it with some other suitable connector, diameter, thread size? I paid $100, shipping included, so I got a tremendous deal.

Thanks, appleman, but first I must figure out how to get the nylon threaded portion removed without damaging the metal threads.

try using a bolt extractor that you can get at a local automotive store. If you use the right size you should be able to remove just the nylon part. If they will remove broken bolts it will remove the nylon.

BOB

sears also has the broken bolt extractor kit - i have one and they work good.

I also received my Invacare IRC1135 today too. Bought off EBAY and was delivered in for $98.11. Plugged in and works great and can take vacuum up to whatever.

Now to get the rest of the items needed so I can stop lifting carboys!!!! yeah yeah yeah

Good luck with yours.

rrawhide

Easyout = bolt extractor. If you want a bit of an explanation of what they are- here is a good example.
http://www.brokentap.com/easy-outs.html

Good luck getting it out. I'm still not sure what fitting broke?!
smiley5.gif

Success! I gently drove the blade of a screwdriver into the threads and backed them out. Thanks for all the suggestions. I picked up a hose barb adapter (1/4" MIP) and it is too large--back to Lowe's!

Appleman, the attachment was a small filter assembly with nylon threads that was screwed into the intake port on the pump. I suspect it was broken off before shipment and that is why the pump had never been used. The fitting is unnecessary so, as noted above, I plan to replace it with a barbed fitting.

Finished setting up the pump and using it to transfer a wine and to degas one. This thing is the "cat's meow". My old brake bleeder was a real pain, literally and took forever to get the job done. The vacuum pump did the job in about 15 minutes.

Glad you have joined the crowd and got with the times. No more lifting carboys for you!

Hooray I just scored one of these myself. Can't wait until it gets here. I broke my brake bleeder while degassing last weekso decided to take this upgrade step.

What size tubes attach to the suction on the container?

Latest posts

Back