Introduction and a Thank You!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum, I've heard you have some good cynthiana/norton wines in Missouri, have you had any spectacular ones that you recall?

I'm curious because I'm growing cynthiana grapes here, although it would be next year before I had a chance to make wine with them.

Welcome to the forum! You are right.. there are not to many sweet red wines out there but wine expert has a nice white merlot that is a semi sweet. It does take awhile to age but it is nice when it is done. I am making it right now because a friend of mine made it and it is pretty darn good after a year plus.

Cellar Craft has a nice Wasington White Merlot also. Peronally I think its a little better myself but to each their own.

Welcome to the forum, I've heard you have some good cynthiana/norton wines in Missouri, have you had any spectacular ones that you recall?

I'm curious because I'm growing cynthiana grapes here, although it would be next year before I had a chance to make wine with them.

Yes, many of the wineries here in Missouri have either a Cynthiana and/or a Norton wine. Most are very good, and in fact are my favorite to drink in the Winter. I think that you will be very pleased with the wine that you will be able to make with the Cynthiana grape. I know that some of the wineries will also make a blush wine, mixing the Norton/Cynthiana with a Chardonel (Missouri's version of the Chardonnay).

Belated welcome! It's good to see more Mo winos in the hood.

Brian, I am also on my third kit of White Merlot. The member that introduced me to it even add some oak to it.

Thanks Dan, I am not a big oak fan so maybe I will try it with part of this batch. Did he say what type of oak?

Latest posts

Back