Inexpensive carboy holder

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought I would pass this idea along. I couldn't find a safe way to store and dry my carboys upside down without taking the chance of breaking them. I actually took a small pallet and cut holes in the top to securely hold them. I'm going to sand it and paint it then will be done. Thought it would be a good idea so hopefully someone else can use it.

image-282122978.jpg

Last edited:
I don't usually have that many jugs/carboys to drain. I just put the carboys upside down in my spare primary fermenters.

Steve

First off welcome to the forum! These are both great ideas. Many of us just store the carboys with about an inch of kmeta sanitizing solution in them with a solid bung. Thanks for posting that idea.

I store both ways, glass carboys have K-meta in them, but I sanitize my Better Bottles & leave them up side down in a 5 gal. bucket with a spacer so it will drain completely & allow air in to dry it. I don't like the idea of leaving K-meta in plastic jugs, over cautious maybe? Roy

I store both ways, glass carboys have K-meta in them, but I sanitize my Better Bottles & leave them up side down in a 5 gal. bucket with a spacer so it will drain completely & allow air in to dry it. I don't like the idea of leaving K-meta in plastic jugs, over cautious maybe? Roy
Roy, I agree 100% with you about storing meta in Better Bottles. I do not either.

I use a 1-gallon metal paint can with 1" holes drilled around the bottom to allow air in.

Back