I'm Back ... To Say Goodbye

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal. My wife no longer drinks wine, and the rest of the family rarely drinks it.
So as a result my last wine making runs are were in 2020 and they are still "aging" in bulk.
Clearly my zeal for making wine is gone.

So I spent at least $1,000.00 in hardware for wine making that I need to divest myself of sooner rather than later. I'm going to make an inventory and post it on this thread and set a firm price. Essentially it's going to be an all or nothing sale deal.
For purposes of keeping it simple - I live in Rogers, Arkansas (Northwest corner of the state) and anyone interested will need to drive here to pick it up.
Among the hardware and re-usable supplies are a floor?table top Corker an refractometer, and the other typical odds and ends. I made 3 gallon batches and 4 liter batches so I have I believe 5 x 3gal carboys and probably 8-10 4liter carboys plus I think 3 or 4 1 gallon carboys. ]
So within the next 3-4 days I'll post the inventory and my asking price.

Hate to end this but, it's pointless to continue in the hobby when I either have to drink everything myself or give it away. And at 74, I figure I might as well be the one to figure out what to do with everything instead of someday making the kids figure out what everything is worth or good for,

Last edited:
Ok here's the deal. My wife no longer drinks wine, and the rest of the family rarely drinks it.
So as a result my last wine making runs are were in 2020 and they are still "aging" in bulk.
Clearly my zeal for making wine is gone.

So I spent at least $1,000.00 in hardware for wine making that I need to divest myself of sooner rather than later. I'm going to make an inventory and post it on this thread and set a firm price. Essentially it's going to be an all or nothing sale deal.
For purposes of keeping it simple - I live in Rogers, Arkansas (Northwest corner of the state) and anyone interested will need to drive here to pick it up.
Among the hardware and re-usable supplies are a floor?table top Corker an refractometer, and the other typical odds and ends. I made 3 gallon batches and 4 liter batches so I have I believe 5 x 3gal carboys and probably 8-10 4liter carboys plus I think 3 or 4 1 gallon carboys. ]
So within the next 3-4 days I'll post the inventory and my asking price.

Hate to end this but, it's pointless to continue in the hobby when I either have to drink everything myself or give it away. And at 74, I figure I might as well be the one to figure out what to do with everything instead of someday making the kids figure out what everything is worth or good for,
I understand that fully

Similar situation.
I have 6- 30 gallon Flextanks that I will no longer need and I'd love to pass them along for cheap.
I'm in central NH.
603-986-9769

I've been quietly wondering how long I'll be making wine as my wife rarely drinks it anymore and my family really isn't into it as much either. My kids will drink mostly the sweet stuff and rarely the Malbec or Cab, and my brothers and dad will not drink it. I'm continuing, but this has always been in the back of my mind. My regret is that I didn't start crafting wines until a couple of years ago and I just crossed the 60 mark in age. I enjoy the hobby for sure so no immediate plans to stop.

To both @Scooter68 and @HillPeople I wish you both nothing but good health and easy living. Salud!

Oh, and quick sales :)

Ok after a short inventory here's what I have to sell (Yeah I spent Over $1 k but looking at it all now...)
1 Table Top Corker
Vinbrite Filter
Bottle Washer (Hand pump)
Six 3 gallon carboys

In addition there are about 8 plastic airlock, (Not the S tube variety
#8 corks about 50
Shrink caps Qty 40 -75
Various tubing for Siphon along with the syphon
A variety of long and short handle bottle brushes
At least 8 to 10 4 liter carboys and 2 1 gallon carboys
Some chemicals including StarSan, Acid Blend and metabisulfite
PH Meter (Needs Cleaning and possible a new bulb)
There are a number of other small items and they are part of the deal if you want them (Small plastic syringes without needles (Used to measure things like Simple Sugar solution.\

Oh and probably at least 75 empty wine bottles. Most are already de-labled and simply need a good sanitizing wash.

Bottom line if you want to come and get it: $150.00

Attachments

• Corker.jpg
    Corker.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 0
Good luck, and I understand! I'm in a very similar situation. I have a vineyard I have to figure out what I want to do with.

Back