Icing Bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClydeWigg3

Reaction score
How do you get the smell of the icing from a bucket? I have a "Brill" brand bucket from my grocer's bakery. Washed it well, but the smell of icing persist. Will this effect my wine?

LOL, I used a primay glass jug for my hot pepper wine, no smell left behind at all.

LOL, I used a primay glass jug for my hot pepper wine, no smell left behind at all.

Funny we were just taliking about starting a 3 gallon batch of this again today. Need to gett juice over the weekend. Will be 24 Jalapeno and 8 hot banana peppers for a 3 gallon batch. I'll post recipe once we start it. I'll be using one of Eddie's buckets for my primary then swithing to glass.

I found after soaking in oxy and k-meta the pepper disipated enough not to transfer to next batch of wine.

Doug, if you use the same bucket as last years jalapeno wine you won't need any jalapeno's. The bucket is already primed for the next batch.

Doug, if you use the same bucket as last years jalapeno wine you won't need any jalapeno's. The bucket is already primed for the next batch.

I only used my 2 gallon primay last year. I need to open on of my 4 remaining bottles from the last batch and give it a try. I really enjoyed this stuff.

Our jalapeno has a bite to it at first then goes down real smooth afterwards. Best served chilled. My step daughter took a bottle today for a luncheon with her friends. Waiting for the comments.

Our jalapeno has a bite to it at first then goes down real smooth afterwards. Best served chilled. My step daughter took a bottle today for a luncheon with her friends. Waiting for the comments.

really, mine is sweet with just enough spice. It's been a hit with everyone so far. Doesn't come out so well the next day after a 375 ml bottle with a spicy meal. I like it for the "Hey, try this" factor....The facial experssions are priceless. I think I bought a bottle or two to the last luncheon, not sure who got them.

Well, I got a glass cookie jar from Walmart last year that I use as a primary cuz I only make one gallon batches of the hot pepper wine, then my Mom came up with some old one gallon pickle jars, these make awesome primaries for one gallon batches.

I'll be bringing a couple of bottles of my hot pepper, I did one gallon with Welch's white grape and another with Raspberry. I lke the raspberry, it is tasty.

I wonder how Troy gets the smell out of his buckets before he uses them.

outhouse_snow-772299.jpg

Latest posts

Back