Freeze wine to reduce water

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

winechef

Reaction score
I accidentally left 50 liters of wine outside, it snowed and 2 days later after a few days of below freezing, wine was a little icy.

I strained out the ice and the wine I. had was a little stronger ABV. tastes perfect, really would like to do this more controlled though for my wines that stalled out at 11 % and little sweet. if could reduce water and make 13% ABV with the sweetness would be perfect.

anyone do anything with partial freezing before.

I realize that this may be perfectly legal in China. However, it is not legal for a home wineker in the US, and, consequently, the rules of this forum prohibit us from discussing it here on WMT.

Discussion of home distillation has been forbidden by the forum owner, as it's illegal at the Federal level in the USA and the forum is hosted in the USA. This rule is to avoid potential legal problems, should the TTB investigate WMT.

For reasons unknown the prohibition regarding distillation is not posted on the site, leaving it up to the moderators to notify people.

The following forum, which is hosted outside the USA, is fine for distillation discussion.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forums/distilling.281/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back