I think my apple wine is finely ready

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbear

Junior
Reaction score
We started this stuff back in late September as a 5-gallon batch using cider. I accidentally put way too much sugar in so I split it around November into two, 5-gallon batches. One I topped of with untreated apple juice and one with untreated cranberry juice. I racked the stuff every 4 weeks and topped off with frozen juice with no preservatives.

Finally all the bubbles have stopped and the stuff is crystal clear with no sediment at all in the last racking. Specific gravity has held steady for a week now at .996 and .998. I think it's done.

Last weekend I pulled a sample out and tasted it, then passed the sample to my wife. She took a couple sips and said "This is not what I was expecting, it actually has quite a nice, subtle flavor.".

So I think Friday night we're bottling.

Yes, wife and kids will be helping bottle. Most will be given away to the friends who have been saving wine bottles since last spring. Dandelion and Mint seasons are only a few months away, followed closely by strawberry and then apple again. Need to make room for the next projects.

Latest posts

Back