I messed up on an Island mist kit during ferment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
A little over a week ago I started an IM kit. I forgot to put in a red grape concentrate and I had to order another and I still don't have it. Hopefully I will get it monday. I have not checked lately but I am pretty sure the ferment is about over. If I add the juice in a few days, should I hope the ferment will ferment the juice or should I add yeast energizer, more yeast or what should I do.

since we are on the subject, I gotta tell how I discovered it. I also was making a IM chardonnay and After I put in a a juice concentrate, I realized I put in a RED concentrate. Getting the lid off the bag, I cut my dang finger and just did not notice. I know what to do with that kit - Just hope it turns out ok. We will see!

You should have plenty live yeast in there to get going again, and hopefully not too high an ABV. Just keep an eye on it and drop some more yeasties in there if needed. If that neither of those work, a little starter you can add your must to in steps should do the trick, my bet is that it takes off when you add the concentrate.

You should have plenty live yeast in there to get going again, and hopefully not too high an ABV. Just keep an eye on it and drop some more yeasties in there if needed. If that neither of those work, a little starter you can add your must to in steps should do the trick, my bet is that it takes off when you add the concentrate.
Thanks Johnd, I basically forgot half of what I knew about wine making after being away for a few years.

Hope all is well there in Mandeville.

Back