I’m new too

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj4271

Reaction score
HI everyone!

I'm in Louisiana & started making wine a year ago. Make it with wild muscadine, by the gallon.

Bannock, I use a rubber glove instead of a balloon as a stopper on the gallon jug.

Welcome

Bruce

bj4271,

Welcome and make yourself at home. Where do you get your muscadines from?

PCOOK - they're wild on my property. Sometimes I can get them (mostly scuppernongs) in local grocery stores. After August, they're almost impossible to get.

bj4271,

How fortunate to have fresh muscadines growing on your own property. We had some vines growing on the creek bank in Ky when I was a kid, but I haven't seen them growing anywhere in many years!

(Watch these guys, BJ - When I signed in, they tried to tell me that my first two bottles had to go in for "taste testing...")
smiley2.gif

Seriously, as a new guy, don't hesitate to ask George about anything -- he's unique in that he really wants you to succeed and "cares for the customer." I'm VERY pleased! And, for the forum group, the "two bottles" might be worth it -- I've already found a lot of super info in the various topics, even postings months old. What's really great is how all these folks share their experiences and share their expetise-- they want us to succeed too!

Good luck!

I saw where they told you that OilnH2O, but I've been using gallon jugs instead of 750s - I'd really be in trouble taste testing 2 of them.

Seriously, thanks everyone for the welcomes.

bj4271 said:
HI everyone!

I'm in Louisiana & started making wine a year ago. Make it with wild muscadine, by the gallon.

Bannock, I use a rubber glove instead of a balloon as a stopper on the gallon jug.

Welcome

Bruce

What part of Louisiana you hail from? I am from right outside Baton Rouge in thePrairieville/Gonzales area. We are getting more and more locals around here
smiley1.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

SMURFE

Elm Grove, a few miles south of Bossier city. In the boonies.

Bruce,

I'm your neighbor in Texas!!! Good to see you!!! We would love to see pictures of "the boonies". Us city folks enjoy that!!

Welcome to the world of wine making beyond the rubber glove!!

Ramona

Welcome Bruce

Hope you enjoy your stay...This is a good place to be...Have fun with your wine making.

were everywhere were everywhere. Wine makers that is. Do more newbie people show up after christmas. kits given as gifts?

Thats how we got started

Latest posts

Back