Hydrophobic Filter got soaked

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandpasFootsteps

Hillbilly-In-Training
Reaction score
I had an overflow and the little round hydrophobic filter in-line to my vacuum pump got soaked with wine and debris. I blew it out with my mouth to get the gunk out just to finish racking that batch. But now I'm wondering, do I need to get a new one or can this one be cleaned? I blew it out with my air compressor for a while.

The filter is the one recommended here when I got my pump. I'm glad I got it since this is the first time I had such an overflow after many times of using the pump. It is about 2 inches in diameter and 1 quarter inch thick made of white plastic.

Do you have an overflow bottle inline before that? Most of these overflow bottles have a float in them that once ig gets full it stops the flow of anything padt it like the ball in a wet dry vac.

Well, normally I do... But this time I figured, hey I'm just splash racking this one and I don't want to go through the trouble (1 minute of extra effort? how lazy I am) to hook that inline. And then it got up to the neck and boom. Now I'm happy you told me to get that hydrophobic filter at least. I'll soak it in some kmeta then blow it out again and let it dry. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

That filter is thete badically just to catch any mist from getting into your motor. Hopefully you didnt do any damage to your motor. You may want to take the head of the motor off and check that theres no fluid in there, if so wipe it down and maybe wipe it down with a light oil.

Latest posts

Back