Hi from MI

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ostensibly

Junior
Reaction score
I've been reading the forums for a while now but since I just pitched my first wine from actual grape juice (Chenin Blanc), it seems like a good time to introduce myself.

I've been making mead for a few years but this is my first non-honey wine. I'm really excited about it, it smells amazing right now!

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, thanks in advance and Hi!

Welcome Osty! Did you pick up some frozen grape juice or are you using a kit?

As an aside, I got hooked a couple of months ago when I went in for some acid blend for a mead that I was having a bit of an issue with getting ferment started, and now I've got 2 kits in ferment/clearing and another ready to start and about a dozen that I want to purchase and run.

Welcome Osty! Did you pick up some frozen grape juice or are you using a kit?

As an aside, I got hooked a couple of months ago when I went in for some acid blend for a mead that I was having a bit of an issue with getting ferment started, and now I've got 2 kits in ferment/clearing and another ready to start and about a dozen that I want to purchase and run.

frozen juice. I haven't read enough about kits to pick out good ones yet.

Welcome to the forum. I joined about 6 months ago and I have had a lot of great advice since then.

frozen juice. I haven't read enough about kits to pick out good ones yet.

A big 5 or 6 gallon bucket? Had they gotten all the numbers (Brix and Acid) worked out or did you do some adjustments before you pitched? I'm a bit too new to know exactly how those buckets work yet. I think some come ready to ferment, and some need a bit of work before they are ready.

Anywhooo, glad to hear that everything is smelling great and you are off to a good start.

Best, Fran

Latest posts

Back