Hey Everyone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subnate

Junior
Reaction score
Well I have always wanted to make my own wine but never really had anytime to try, or any idea how to get started. But figured this would be the best place to get info. A little about me I'm in the Navy on submarines, right now I'm in Norfolk VA. And I just can't wait to get equipment and get started. I'm sure I will have alot of questions. Great site. :snta

Welcome! This is a great place to learn more about winemaking. I still consider myself new to the hobby, but many of the others on here are experienced and knowledgeable.

Welcome abord as you say in the Navy! You have come to the right place lots of people here with lots of experience and are willing to share their knowledge. Tell us what kinds of wine do you like and what do you plan on making..

1st WELCOME, Here you will find all the help you will ever need. Ck out out vendor page.
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/vendor
The Winemakers Toy Store, Midwest Supplies and Ozark Mtn.
All can help you in getting a equipment kit and a wine kit for your 1st winemaking.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service in the Navy. As already posted contact one of our vender's and they will be more then happy to help properly equip you with what you need.Feel free to ask questions and stick around. We'll help you through each step of the way!

Welcome subnate and gld to have you aboard. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and dont fret if you thik its been asked before.

Permission granted to board the Wine Making Talk Forum. :)

Anyway great to have you aboard. Browse, search and learn. It's a one stop get your education and have fun doing it place to be.

Check out the craigslist, if you have one or yard sales. Most often folks are selling their equipment and you can really score a deal sometimes. Be warned this hobby is an addiction, but dispite that it's a blast!

Just watched on the military channel about submarine life. Really cool. Thank you for your service.

Welcome again.

Welcome you have just met a great bunch of wine makers don't be afraid to ask any question I am fairly new to it myself and they have help me a lot and had fun teaching me the right way of doing it
jtstar

Thanks for the Welcome

Hey everyone thanks for the welcome,as for wines I like, truthfully I like them all, my wife on the other hand likes the more sweet wines, so thats what I will be making first I'm think a Blackberry Melot, or a Ice wine. Then once I prove to her that kit wines can taste good I will make some other wines. And as for serving in the navy its my privilage. But I appriciate the thanks. And I can't wait to start this hobby.

Hi Subnate,

Welcome! My Dad was in the Navy so I have a soft spot for Navy guys. Though my first husband was Air Force (LOL). Married now to a civilian.

Ah, Virginia! When I graduated from high school (in PA), I went to Virginia Tech, and SWORE I would never move back north. Ummm, well, things didn't turn out like I planned, though I ended up in Maryland for 25 years. But I love Virginia and the Tidewater area.

Since your wife likes sweet wines, you might also try one of the "mist" type kits. They are good for summer drinking (less alcohol, and sweet, much like a wine cooler). They also need no aging. Bottle and drink. Also, consider a white for one of your early wines. They don't require as much aging, so you might convince your wife sooner rather than later!

Latest posts

Back